A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
akaheather
Family Elder

Post by akaheather »

I'm gonna wait and see what all this does to everybody else before I wade off into this
Okay, THAT was funny!! :lol:

I'm still trying to get a bite here in Austin. Heck, I'd take a nibble. Keep me/us posted if you find anything.

:lol: (Yep, still laughing. )

Heather
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

thanks heather and you keep your ear to the ground also............
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Artifishual wrote:I'm gonna wait and see what all this does to everybody else before I wade off into this....................................... 8O
kidding~ still have not heard anything from Baylor. Cheer. Help here!!!! :!:
Hey Arti...
Did you ever get a phone call back from the doc at Baylor? Has he ever responded to any of your inquiries? I know you had mentioned that his nurse promised a return call....nothing?
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

nothing cheer, kinda discouraged. even emailed my neuro to ask if he knew anyone in this field, but afterward i remembered him saying he didn't so i will start looking else where :?
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Hey Chris,

Have you discussed this with Hopkins?

I'm humming and hawing over speaking with Ed about it.

It does seem to be that everyone who gets tested needs intervention, regardless of cause or effect.

Cheers,

Jamie
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

That's exactly what I was thinking and its good (and typical of the man) that Doug is on board.

I too am watching with interest!
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

Cheer I did get an email today from my neurologist asking for Dr. Lin's contact info ? maybe he is going to get in touch with him and discuss getting me treated? one can only pray!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Artifishual wrote:Cheer I did get an email today from my neurologist asking for Dr. Lin's contact info ? maybe he is going to get in touch with him and discuss getting me treated? one can only pray!
Great news, Shannon! Perhaps with a referral from your neuro, Lin will be more apt to at least test you. Hopin' n prayin' this works out! Lin has the skills and machinery to test and treat CCSVI.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I don't know how good this will be to try, but here are some names of phlebologists which are registered to the "Australasian College of Phlebology (ACP)"; its a start. I note that Dr Simka is a phlebologist, and at the international phlebology conference in Monaco in September (http://www.uip2009.eu/infogen_eng.html), he and Zamboni will be presenting their works, along with their results. Pointing a phlebologist to this, may get them interested. (The URL's below gave me problems, and the quote was the only way to keep them together)
http://www.phlebology.com.au/forms/deta ... s=Vascular Surgeon&ServicesPerformed=Endovenous Laser Therapy, Venous Surgery, Venous Thrombosis Management, Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy
Dr Alan Kanter
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Hi Cure,
The URL's below gave me problems, and the quote was the only way to keep them together.
URLs with a space in them need to have the characters "%20" wherever there is a space in order for them to work correctly. Essentially, %20, is the html equivalent that defines a blank space in a URL. See the last URL you posted which I have edited for an example. Note that you may need to go into editing the message in order to see the URL with the %20 included with the URL.

I hope this helps, NHE
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

NHE wrote:URLs with a space in them need to have the characters "%20" wherever there is a space in order for them to work correctly. Essentially, %20, is the html equivalent that defines a blank space in a URL.
This new learning amazes me, Sir NHE. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

this is embarrassing :oops: :oops: :oops: that is my "day job" (not the sheeps bladders) ...

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”