My MRA results

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Frank
Family Elder

My MRA results

Post by Frank »

Back in 2001 when my MS was diagnosed I also had an MRA done for differential diagnosis. Would the results of that examination be conclusive for CCSVI?

Here are the diagnostic findings (my hopefully understandable english translation)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cranial MRA
--------------
Examiniation methode: tof fisp 3D sequnce
Making of caronay and saggital MIP reconstruction.

Normal vascular findings. Slim blood vessels.
No evidence of vascular pathology, a vascular deformation or aneurysmatic lesions.
Very slim A. communicans posterior, while the corrosponding right artery could not be made visible [was not visible on the MRI images I assume].
Left dominant vertebral-artery.

Conclusion:
No annormal findings, especially n typical changes suggestive for a vasulitis.

----

Doppler and duplexsonographic examinations of the extra- and intracranial artery present normal findings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my translation is not comprehensible at some point, please let me know and I'll try to improve it...

Thanks for your suggestions.

--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Frank , hi
I am sorry but an MRA is magnetic resonant angiography--the arteries. You need and MRV--venography.
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Frank
Family Elder

Post by Frank »

OK, thanks :)!
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.