Non-Surgical Options for CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

ernst - like the new you :)
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

peekaboo wrote:ernst - like the new you :)
Thanks, that new me, is real me :)
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

I personally would avoid MSG and asparatame, both of which are neurotoxic when they get past the Blood Brain Barrier .... it's all too easy to load up on combinations of these glutamate mimics - some gum, doritos, a diet soda ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity

They are very widepread in modern life, and not something I want in my blood knowing that I probably have leaky veins in the brain and spinal cord ...

I've also found that I get headaches from MSG and feel vaguely ill from aspartame.
Frank
Family Elder

Post by Frank »

Dark chocolate (cacao) might be beneficial for blood vesels and the hearts health:

- http://www.innovations-report.com/html/ ... 29769.html
- http://www.articlesbase.com/chocolate-a ... 55355.html
- http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 172432.htm

Do you think it would be reasonable to add this up to a vesel supportive regime?

--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Absolutely. Cacao is very good for the endothelium and I try to add raw chocolate nibs to stews and things like chilli con carne. Incidentally chilli or capsaicin has, I believe an anti-coagulatory effects.
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009 Jun 4. [Epub ahead of print] LinksSpice active principles as the inhibitors of human platelet aggregation and thromboxane biosynthesis.
Raghavendra RH, Naidu KA.
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore 570 020, India.

Spice active principles are reported to have anti-diabetic, anti-hypercholesterolemic, antilithogenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-cancer properties. In our previous report we have shown that spices and their active principles inhibit 5-lipoxygenase and also formation of leukotriene C4. In this study, we report the modulatory effect of spice active principles viz., eugenol, capsaicin, piperine, quercetin, curcumin, cinnamaldehyde and allyl sulphide on in vitro human platelet aggregation. We have demonstrated that spice active principles inhibit platelet aggregation induced by different agonists, namely ADP (50muM), collagen (500mug/ml), arachidonic acid (AA) (1.0mM) and calcium ionophore A-23187 (20muM). Spice active principles showed preferential inhibition of arachidonic acid-induced platelet aggregation compared to other agonists. Among the spice active principles tested, eugenol and capsaicin are found to be most potent inhibitors of AA-induced platelet aggregation with IC50 values of 0.5 and 14.6muM, respectively. The order of potency of spice principles in inhibiting AA-induced platelet aggregation is eugenol>capsaicin>curcumin>cinnamaldehyde>piperine>allyl sulphide>quercetin. Eugenol is found to be 29-fold more potent than aspirin in inhibiting AA-induced human platelet aggregation. Eugenol and capsaicin inhibited thromboxane B2 (TXB2) formation in platelets in a dose-dependent manner challenged with AA apparently by the inhibition of the cyclooxygenase (COX-1). Eugenol-mediated inhibition of platelet aggregation is further confirmed by dose-dependent decrease in malondialdehyde (MDA) in platelets. Further, eugenol and capsaicin inhibited platelet aggregation induced by agonists-collagen, ADP and calcium ionophore but to a lesser degree compared to AA. These results clearly suggest that spice principles have beneficial effects in modulating human platelet aggregation.

PMID: 19501497 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

There is a whole cornucopia of herbs used in Chinese medicine which help to thin the blood and dilate the blood vessels but they can be quite powerful so use with caution. I had great fun experimenting with quercetin, gingko biloba, salvia miltiorrhiza, curcumin and centenella asiatica but I did overdo them so stick to the recommended dosages.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Non-Surgical Options for CCSVI

Post by NHE »

Gibbledygook wrote:Among the spice active principles tested, eugenol and capsaicin are found to be most potent inhibitors of AA-induced platelet aggregation with IC50 values of 0.5 and 14.6muM, respectively. The order of potency of spice principles in inhibiting AA-induced platelet aggregation is eugenol>capsaicin>curcumin>cinnamaldehyde>piperine>allyl sulphide>quercetin.
So it seems that about a half dozen years ago when I was obsessing over hot sauce and burning out my sensory neurons on my tongue (to the point of creating numb spots) I might have actually been doing something good with all that Insanity Sauce and habanero lollipops?

Now I'm a little more mellow but still easily enjoy a three or four star Thai dinner (out of a possible five stars, I still want to be able to taste my food you know). I guess I'll have to start the fires burning again. Here's to Mad Dog 357! By the way, if anyone does want to try the stuff, I suggest using a toothpick and not a spoon. A spoonful is probably enough to put one into shock. At 357,000 scovilles it means business. There are other sauces that are hotter but I always wind up asking, "Why, what's the point of it?"

Here's to other fellow chilliheads... Image

NHE
samish
Getting to Know You...

Can't Open File

Post by samish »

I can't open Cheerleads file. Can anyone help?
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Can't Open File

Post by cheerleader »

samish wrote:I can't open Cheerleads file. Can anyone help?
The Endothelial Health Program is now available to all on the CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis page on Facebook.

CCSVI Facebook Page
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com