Skydog (Mark) is leaving for Stanford

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

Waiting anxiously out here...hope its good news counting 6 for 6 from the TIMS gang :!:
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

I'll keep my fingers crossed for some blockage. Stay strong and positive. Try to stay cool and enjoy some quiet time. We will all be patiently waiting for the results.
javaneen
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

M-A-R-K !!!!
just checkin' in.......
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

Anyone here from Mark? Hope he's doing ok.... :?
javaneen
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Hey I am here and on my way home. Just now in a spot that has internet. After we get settled in I will post a report. As Marie said, This is Surgery !!! and I sincerely hope that no one else has a blockage as high up in the jugs as I did. Long story... Short version is I am OK and recovering as we speak. Dr. Dake and his team are the best, and without them I know that what they did would not be possible at this time anywhere else in the world. Thank You all for the support. Peace and Health Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Mark, I am so glad for you! On your way to the rest of your life!

but yes it is surgery and not to be taken lightly.

We will look forward to your complete download later; all the details, Mister!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Jeff and I just had a deep exhale. Check in with us all when you can. Know that our thoughts are with you, Mark.
Joan
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

I am going to savor the moments of a very beautiful evening on the Oregon coast with my dear wife who has been thru so much with me in the last few days. Our anniversary was the day of my surgery and its been non stop ever since. Time to just breath... peace Mark
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Mark, I'm so glad you're OK. I wore out the re-fresh button on my PC at work and home waiting for your updates -- I've had TIMS up pretty much non-stop since Monday. Rest well. We'll be here when you're ready.
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

Mark - First thing I read this morning was your posts and this is a great way to start my day. Rest up and watch that beautiful Oregon coast.

Remeber from Jeff & maries posts they would wrap a warm towel around their neck to help rid the pain.

H
coach
Family Elder

Post by coach »

Glad you are on the way back. Take care of yourself. Thourhts and prayers are with you. Interested to hear about your experience. More jugs issues. Batting average is rather high.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Good morning from the central Oregon coast. The sun is just now streaming thru the clouds and casting light on the near shore rocks and surf. Love that morning light. It is my Birthday !!! Life is Good. We went for a short walk earlier, and it sure feels good feeling good again. We are heading out soon for home. At this time I can honestly say that my head is clearer than it’s been for years. The chirps, clicks, pops, I used to hear in my ears have turned to a steady ring. The ring is what is normal for me after years of exposure to the noise of diesel engines on the boats and heavy equipment I have run. The heat intolerance has lessened considerably and the last two nights I broke into lite sweat. I am virtually pain free, and the my neck feels fine. the only plus side of having the stents placed so high up. The pain I felt during the operation was the worst I have ever felt in my life. I will post more on the whole procedure soon from home. Take care everyone, and have a Happy fourth of July weekend. Peace and Health Mark
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

skydog wrote:Good morning from the central Oregon coast. The sun is just now streaming thru the clouds and casting light on the near shore rocks and surf. Love that morning light. It is my Birthday !!! Life is Good. We went for a short walk earlier, and it sure feels good feeling good again. We are heading out soon for home. At this time I can honestly say that my head is clearer than it’s been for years. The chirps, clicks, pops, I used to hear in my ears have turned to a steady ring. The ring is what is normal for me after years of exposure to the noise of diesel engines on the boats and heavy equipment I have run. The heat intolerance has lessened considerably and the last two nights I broke into lite sweat. I am virtually pain free, and the my neck feels fine. the only plus side of having the stents placed so high up. The pain I felt during the operation was the worst I have ever felt in my life. I will post more on the whole procedure soon from home. Take care everyone, and have a Happy fourth of July weekend. Peace and Health Mark
Happy birthday, happy anniversary, happy 4th, happy new life-
sounds like you've been thru it, Mark. (Jeff's blockage was pretty high, too..and he had lots of pain and nausea during the procedure.) Doc also got close to his eardrums...I wonder how your new hearing may change as the inflammation from the procedure calms down. Will be interesting to see and hear!
safe travels home-
Joan
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

happy happy happy everything! You have a lot to celebrate! I am so glad you are doing ok and not in too much pain. Im sorry you had so much pain during the surgery. I look forward to hearing about your healing!
javaneen

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”