Skydog (Mark) is leaving for Stanford

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Sharon
Family Elder

Skydog (Mark) is leaving for Stanford

Post by Sharon »

Hey, Mark!

Just wanted you to get your own "little space" on TIMS as you travel to Stanford. Those of us who have gone before you have left a few crumbs along the path to help you get there - you will leave more for the next person. We will all look forward to hearing from you - glad you are taking a computer - we are like a bunch of baby birds waiting for food when someone is at Stanford - we just start chattering ---what a great support group for all of us.

So, safe travels - once you get to Stanford you will be in the best of care.

Sharon
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Mark have good safe travels! we are lucky to get this evaluated, I am so glad you get to go right away, everyone of us adds to the body of knowledge both here for others and also the academic body, thanks for stepping up.

Tell us anything you find out so we have more "crumbs" for our pages too!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

Next in line...

we'll be eagerly waiting news like sharon said baby birds waiting for the food...

peace for you mark

Holly
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Tweet, tweet, tweet tweet -- Transalated from baby bird language, that means "Good luck, best wishes and send info when you can."
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

Best of luck. We'll all be patiently waiting to hear your results. :D

Tweet...tweet
javaneen
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Hey !!! Thank you Sharon for setting up my space... Busy trying to get out the door. Love you guys. Will send you posts from the road. Cheers Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Tear it up dude!
Arcee
Family Elder

Post by Arcee »

Mark, go for it! Thinking of you.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Were here and so is the heat. On are trip we recorded 110 degrees just north of Cloverdale Ca. Stopped for a quick stretch and a bite to eat and the heat floored me. Great to be at our destination with time to get to know the area. My wife feels like the queen here at the Sharaton. Thank you all for the support. We will keep you posted... Off to explore before the heat stops me. Cheers Mark
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

My wife feels like the queen here at the Sharaton
We enjoyed our rooms too. We are frugal people but the rooms were very nice and we felt for this we deserved it. We'll stay again there too....
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Mark...
The heat has come with a vengeance this week! So sorry. Maybe some floating in the hotel pool today? Palo Alto is a lovely town, lots of tall shady trees. Have a restful Sunday.
xo,
Joan
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Round one complete. The MRI tube seemed much smaller than the ones I had a scan for the rotator cuff and the brain. Even though I am not claustrophobic closing my eyes for the whole session made it much easier to stay still and calm. In and out in less than two hrs. Ultrasound at 3:30 pm and then I will meet with Dr. Dake directly afterwards. Still to warm out for me to explore much, so back to the hotel for more RR. My wife is doing great for a country girl in the city. She finds the little things to remind us of home to keep us centered. There are a family of four mallard ducklings and the mother in the fountain pools in front of the hospital entrance. A red tail thermals out of the Stanford forest that reminds us of our young rehab red tail at home. All is well. Cheers Mark
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

skydog wrote:Round one complete. The MRI tube seemed much smaller than the ones I had a scan for the rotator cuff and the brain. Even though I am not claustrophobic closing my eyes for the whole session made it much easier to stay still and calm. In and out in less than two hrs. Ultrasound at 3:30 pm and then I will meet with Dr. Dake directly afterwards. Still to warm out for me to explore much, so back to the hotel for more RR. My wife is doing great for a country girl in the city. She finds the little things to remind us of home to keep us centered. There are a family of four mallard ducklings and the mother in the fountain pools in front of the hospital entrance. A red tail thermals out of the Stanford forest that reminds us of our young rehab red tail at home. All is well. Cheers Mark
Thanks for checking in with us, Mark!!!
Glad you got thru the tube part so well...the dopplers are a picnic after that, and meeting Dr. Dake will be dessert :)
xo,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Thanks Mark for posting - sorry the weather is so hot and you are unable to enjoy being a tourist in your few free hours. As Cheer said, the Doppler is easy - over in about 30 minutes. Hope you have all your questions for Dake on a piece of paper. Look forward to hearing about the test results.

Take care,
Sharon
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Pulling for you Mark. Here's to clogged veins, the opening of them, and hopefully better times.........and lots of sweating :lol:

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”