Mel & Jamie's ongoing Stanford experience post!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Ernst!

I was talking about my use of the word miracle in the classic sense.

I wasn't insulting your excellent English!
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Jamie!

Yes, I know that it wasn't about insulting - this was just some funny staff with words and meanings. But really, I have to concentrate with my english and all the time I'm thinking "is this the right word?". Sometimes I even ask my wife that are my senctences and words correct. Reading english is bit easier but writing...

But lets forget all this word staff and concentrate to CCSVI - and I always read very carefully all your comments. This is so INTERESTING. Then I tell these things to my wife with ms. And then I tell biggest news to Finnish ms-forum.. and spread the word and sing like canarian-bird :D about these things here.
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Fantastic!

You're a good man, keep spreading the word!
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

ditto jamies post
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

treadmill today, this time running for 2mins walking for 2mins for half an hour.

awesome.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

5 weeks out and all is great.

Mel went to an outdoor funeral in 100 degree heat and people were really suffering and she was hot but fine.

no double vision at all.

she could also lift her baby nephew and not get exhausted after an hour of looking after him.

Mel has made a complete recovery from the surgery and feels nothing and has made a full return to 'normal' as far as she knows with regards to her MS.

She needs an EDSS doing again in a month or so, it was 1.5 before this with clonus in her left leg and hyper reactions on left arm.

our inexpert test show that its gone completely. Her left foot naturally rests on the ground like her right foot rather than pointing up, tensed at 'rest'.

We've had the best outcome possible from this and are so lucky.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Dude,

That's just freakin' awesome. I don't know if anything more need be said! Just awesome.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Jamie and Mel -

This is such great news! I hardly know what to say - except that there are tears of joy dropping on my keyboard!
:D :D

Your prayers are being answered.
Sharon
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Jamie wrote: We've had the best outcome possible from this and are so lucky.
So true, my friend. Enjoy. xox to Mel-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Jamie,
I am so happy for you guys!! What a great outcome! IT seems that early MS especially is well treated this way. Is Mel on copaxone?

Mel's reports are important for all of us. In his interview for the Charing Cross symposium Dr Zamboni mentioned that early MS is especially well treated which makes sense because the lesions are more likely to be inflammation and demyelination which can heal. If you had to "prove" this by my improvements in function it would be impossible to show anything because I am a veteran of MS at 18 years and my "many scars" are all scars! It is harder for those of us in this boat to have a personal affirmation of success.

But knowing that Mel feels that much better gives me a really good feeling . Her success feels like my success too.

Thanks Jamie for sharing!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Awesome Jamie, Fills my heart with hope and joy for all us. Keep hope afloat. Mel keep on healing... Marie and some of us are going to take more time to heal, but the positive feelings from others will help us get there in due time. Peace and Health, Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment