Randi's Turn

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Arcee
Family Elder

Randi's Turn

Post by Arcee »

Ok, so it's my turn to pack up and head out for a CCSVI Stanford adventure. Thanks to all who have blazed the trail and shared their experiences. I will post in this thread when I can, and also pass on information to Joan so she can, and to Lew (when I actually see him!).
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

"Your turn at the wheel" Randi! Best of luck to you - looking forward to your updates. Travel safely. And, maybe you need to smile when in the tube if you plan on posting your MRI's on TIMS :lol: :lol:
Take care and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

Randi - have a successful trip, hope you and lew will meet up...misery loves company :D :D Will anxiously wait for you posts.
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Randi, From one New Englander to another, best of luck. I'll be wearing out what's left of my "refresh" button for your updates. Jeez, never mind venous issues, I'm going to have heart issues with all the activity buzzing around this board!!
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

Good Luck Randi! Safe Travels. You have an adventure ahead of you. We will all be patiently (well as patient as possible) waiting to hear your results and what Dr. D's recommends.

Stay positive!
javaneen
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Happy Trails to You, Its all good and you will do great in the care of the best of the best who are all at Stanford. Peace, Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Best wishes for a successful trip from the CCSVI section's other New Englander.
IHateMS
Family Elder

Post by IHateMS »

Best of luck to you
coach
Family Elder

Post by coach »

Wishing, hoping, and praying the best for you.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Randi this is a good journey and you will learn something new about this interesting body that you have to take care of. No matter what you learn or decide it is information you can use!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Hey Randi, It's mid-morning out there in Cali, so I'm guessing your testing is underway. Just wanted to drop a note to let you know I'm thinking of you!
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Randi,

We are all thinking of you and waiting to hear your test results.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hey Guys...
Just walked in the door from my Florida trip. Here's the latest from Randi-

MESSAGE FROM RANDI:
Hi Everyone,
Odd to say this is good news, but my left jugular vein 'may as well be functionally occluded' so I will have surgery tomorrow to implant a stent and get the blood flow normal. No promises as to what this will do, but the hope is to prevent or miniMize progression. May have immediate effects, like improving my sense of direction (just kidding). But it may improve my ability to deal with heat, for example.

I am excited and comfortable. I spent some time today with Lew's mom, which was nice for both of us. He gave me an advance run down on things as he was a day ahead of me and it really helped. My neuro and the doctor here spoke and I think we are all comfortable with what is happening. As many had told me,

So surgery has been moved to 8 AM PST toMorrow morning. I will then stay overnight at the Stanford hospital and then back to the Sheraton where I will lounge poolside until I leave on Sat.
Time for me to get moving, but I will try to write or call when I can.
Thanks so much for all your support and caring. It really helps with every step of this surprising journey.
Love,
Randi

Sent from my iPhone

ALSO....

Pls tell the new englanders that I will be doing follow up in Boston, so someone there will be getting tuned in soon

Sent from my iPhone
Last edited by cheerleader on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

MORE FROM RANDI...via that terrific i-phone :)
She'll be able to post for herself on Thursday....

And here is some technical stuff: tight narrowing at C2 that extends 3cm. It is very typical from what he has seen so far. Nothing else appears problematic but he (Dr. Dake) will poke around. And I think one bi factor in my decision making, in case it helps others, was that I have had a terrible time with the (MS) meds. I have been allergic to or have had problems with all that I have tried. Although I am doing fine now, I think it only is a matter of time so for me the surgery makes a lot of sense, especially safety wise.

Sent from my iPhone
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

Good to hear from you Randi -

You will be in good care there at Stanford and once you have the intervention whoo hooo

i can't believe you texted ? all those words...what a chore..thank you for communicating w/us via Cheer :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”