Thanks cheer and peek. Marie, as I told you in a PM weeks ago, Steve was not open to doing anything new...so much so that he wouldn't even hear information about CCSVI. Finally, he capitulated and agreed to go, because his adamant refusal was depressing me so much. Well, that was not okay with me.
Steve wanted to wait and talk to his neurotologist at an appointment scheduled for 7/13 before pursuing CCSVI evaluation and treatment, though. Sadly, his father passed away on 7/10, and we had to be in Schenectady, NY for the funeral on 7/13.
After the funeral we were speaking to Steve's sister's best friend, an RN who has recently been working for a neurologist who specializes in MS treatment. The friend (M) already knew about CCSVI and was not only very interested in it, but very excited about it too. The next morning Steve asked me to go ahead and make the appointment with Dr. Dake. I was flabbergasted! He's finally on board and interested!
While we were in the northeast, we also visited Steve's grown daughters in the Boston area. The youngest daughter's partner works for an interventional radiologist and was also very interested and excited about the prospect of CCSVI treatment. Now Steve is even more interested!
I was also able to get a referral to Dr. Dake from our neurotologist even though Steve's next appointment will not be until 8/4. Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful help you've provided!
Joyce (aka cypriane)~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for Steve (SPMS)----"Enter through the narrowgate..."