Children and CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Children and CCSVI

Post by MaggieMae »

I was asked this question the other day. How can you explain the connection between CCSVI and children with MS? I did not have an answer.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Children and CCSVI

Post by cheerleader »

MaggieMae wrote:I was asked this question the other day. How can you explain the connection between CCSVI and children with MS? I did not have an answer.
Maggie-
If these damaged veins are congenital (which it appears they may be), than kids could certainly show MS symptoms early, depending on where the damaged veins are. My Jeff lost his peripheral vision completely as a young teen (never got it back), but doctors did not investigate it further than to say it looked like optic disc drusen. We now know it was caused by swelling due to blocked jugulars.

If eye doctors are on the front lines of MS diagnosis, they may pick up MS in kids earlier, and be able to refer them to vascular doctors. That's my hope!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Testing children for ccsvi would put this stuff on a short track to fact or fiction. Testing the young with ms for vascular problems would be so telling. I think if all kids with ms had problems that would even bring the biggest skeptic down a notch.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day