CCSVI and Slovakia, Europe

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Wonderful news regarding Dr. Simka, Erika! So happy for you...keep that determination going!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Or he could just mail you the stents! Ha ha only joking of course. Wow this is so exciting. I love his comment about there being a Slovak centre in some months. Any doubt that this is real should be soon fading with talk like that.

Way to go Erika!

Rokkit
mormiles
Family Elder

Post by mormiles »

Go, go, go! Erika. Be patient when you absolutely have to be, but don't lose any steam while you're waiting. I hope the insurance/other country issue works out for you soon. God bless you.
Joyce (aka cypriane)~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for Steve (SPMS)----"Enter through the narrowgate..."
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Rokkit wrote:Or he could just mail you the stents!
Rokkit
I must laugh so much.
Rokkit wrote: I love his comment about there being a Slovak centre in some months. Any doubt that this is real should be soon fading with talk like that.

Way to go Erika!

Rokkit
Do not believe it. I was waiting for the sprotte atraumatic lumbal needle for lumbal puncture. Nothing. I had to suffer like an animal with the "old" Quincke needle. Then I started to manage to bring this possibility to Slovakia. It took me one year. Now, we can buy and legally use the atraumatic needle here. Just no doctors know about it. It cost me really huge effort to inform magazines for doctors, hospital, patients...
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Thank you all! I will inform you. I am just filling out many documents for the insurance. Oh, they also need a Slovak doctor recommends this procedure exactly in Poland. I will have a lot of "fun" tomorrow.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

I just have received another email from Dr. Simka. I was asking him for an appointment for the ultrasound.
He says, he just came back from his summer holiday.He will give me one in couple of days.
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Very happy for your behalf! In dictionary there should be your face after word determination :lol: I also laughed your "put the stents myself" comment. I and about million others are very curious to know how your things goes - so please, could you type info here sometimes?
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

So Slovakian social healthcare will pay for this to be done in Poland because there is no centre there.....?

Awesome.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Erika,

Wow!! This sounds like a dream. It's hard to even get most Doctors to even talk to you much less email you with this wonderful news. Like Dr Dake, that someone so important would call me personally just amazes me. I am in awe of these Dr's and their desire to help us.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Jamie wrote:So Slovakian social healthcare will pay for this to be done in Poland because there is no centre there.....?

Awesome.
IF she gets a Slovakian dr. to say she needs it. But knowing her personality like I do, I doubt that will be an issue. ;-)

Rokkit
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Oh, I got a real headache with the health insurance company.
At the moment it looks they are not going to pay for it. They are telling me I do not have to go anywhere, any doctor can do it in Slovakia. It is a .... not true as you all know.
They tell me I must force some doctor to learn it and do it here. Well, then it is really easier when I put the stents by myself. And it is not a joke this time.

But do not worry! I have a plan. First I go for the Doppler Ultrasound, Dr. Simka will have to give me some pictures and write down the diagnosis. Then I go back to Slovakia I will find a doctor who writes down I need the operation in Poland. Then I ask the health insurance company to pay for it. They MUST agree or I will ask them to do it in their office. After I will go back to Poland and Dr. Simka will do the procedure and he gets money from the Slovak health insurance.

I even thing he knew it because he suggested to do the ultrasound first and procedure later.
I will inform you for sure.
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Actually very good plan! And you have quite short trip to Simka's place. I was also thinkin that you might have trouble with insurance company.

Like Leo Getz says in lethal weapon-movie "first they f..ck you in hospital.. and then comes insurace company and they f..ck you some more". :lol:
Last edited by Ernst on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Exactly, Ernst!
:D
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Dr. Simka wants to do the ultrasound this Friday. I must travel tomorrov, so I go to get ready foth the trip to Poland.

He even speaks Slovak and Czech! Unbeliavable!
I must run to the bank to get some polish money.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

You go girl! Keep it up, you're a shining example of how you have to just keep hammering. I just caught up with this thread and I must say I'm impressed! I wouldn't mess with you :lol: :lol: