Notes from CureIous' at Stanford

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Re: Notes from CureIous' at Stanford

Postby dlynn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:11 am

Oh CureIous, I'm so sorry, this must be a difficult time for you. Life sure does throw us curve balls.
But it's good to hear you're still going strong.
God bless!!
dlynn
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby CureIous » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm

dlynn wrote:Oh CureIous, I'm so sorry, this must be a difficult time for you. Life sure does throw us curve balls.
But it's good to hear you're still going strong.
God bless!!

Thank you so much DLynn.

Trying to be support for my wife. Her Mom was pure gold. Best Mother-in-law a guy
could ask for. All I know is 4 years ago, I was asking for help, and strength.

Now I am the help and strength, even though I don't feel that strong.

My open veins have a lot to do with that. Period.

That's my CCSVI advertisement for the year.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Postby CureIous » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:03 am

peekaboo wrote:Just heard from CureIous' good friend Don who tells me that he left Op Prep at 4:30pm the op will be roughly 2hrs and recovery about 3hrs. He will be getting double jugs way up high and another set by the shoulder.

In loving memory of Holly. It's been five years ago today. My buddy drove me up there as that was well out of range of my capabilities. He would call Holly with updates and she would post here. Meanwhile my wife and two girls were back here, my future son was gestating in the belly, the future was a big fat question mark, nothing else. Down to my last three shots of Avonex, no real hope for symptoms as it was hot like it is now. Insurance running out in a few months and very little support system. Neurologist trying to prescribe different drugs for symptoms which did absolutely nothing.

And another kid on the way, with no idea how I would be able to work and support my family.

What kind of man am I that is so young and so dependent on others? I am just a burden to everyone.

Which is why we named our son Noah, because Noah is all about new beginnings.

This year, I worked 7/12's night shift, driving 50 miles to and fro. Did that for nearly 50 days straight. Then, rented a 31' RV and took the family up to Big Bear for 3 days. Fishing, pontoon boat across the lake, and lots and lots of stars.

We had help with Stanford, lots of it. Without that it would not have been remotely possible. Which is why I like to revisit this thread every now and then, it was so nice being in a strange place getting strange things done on a wing and a prayer, and people like Holly backing you up.

And its five years later and still going strong. Just holding on for the ride here....
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)