Press release Bologna September 8th

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
OriginalItalianPatient

Press release Bologna September 8th

Post by OriginalItalianPatient »

I am an italian patient originally treated from Professor Z more than 2 years ago in Italy. I improved significantly and my MRI scan are without active lesion with no more relapse at 2 years F-Up. Dr Salvi, my neurologist, is really satisfied. Last week I underwent colorDoppler control of my jugulars and azygous by Professor Z and Erica his wonderful sonographer, who works back to back with him from the beginning. All is going well. Professor Z and Dr S told me that we now may partecipate to forum because the report on PTA in MS has been accepted for publication on the principal American journal of vascular surgery. The results are reported at 18 months for RR, SP and PP people. This will be presented in Bologna to the audience. Please continue to support Professor Z research in US, we are more than 100 people treated successfully. I know that he treated also patients from US and results will be reported in Bologna too.

Finally, you may update info because Fondazione Hilarescere promoted a web site in both Italian and English.
You may visit
www.fondazionehilarescere.org
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Hi, first of all I want to THANK YOU!!!!!
So far I "only" had Doppler made by Dr. Simka. I hope to have the treatment this year somewhere in Europe.
Erika
OriginalItalianPatient

ErikaSlovakia wrote:Hi, first of all I want to THANK YOU!!!!!
So far I "only" had Doppler made by Dr. Simka. I hope to have the treatment this year somewhere in Europe.
Erika

If you should contact Fondazione Hilarescere, Prof Roversi Monaco is the President, they probably will arrange for extending liberation procedure to other patients after September 8th Meeting
Good luck, we would you in the liberation club!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

T H A N K Y O U !!
This news is amazingly uplifting and hopeful!
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

All I can say is wow.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

...and keep posting!
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

OriginalItalianPatient,

Please give us a little more info on your case. How long have you had MS and what were your disabilities? Do you know of any patients that were treated who have had MS for many years and what has been their outcome? Sorry to ask so many questions, but it is so exciting to talk with someone who has been treated by Dr. Z.

Thank you.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

MaggieMae wrote:OriginalItalianPatient,

Please give us a little more info on your case. How long have you had MS and what were your disabilities? Do you know of any patients that were treated who have had MS for many years and what has been their outcome? Sorry to ask so many questions, but it is so exciting to talk with someone who has been treated by Dr. Z.

Thank you.
Ditto!
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

OIP, your post could not have come at a better time (see gibbledygook). Thank you so much for caring about others.

I would like to know the details of the procedure you had. Since they scanned your azygous again does that mean it was also treated 2 yrs ago?

Thanks!

Rokkit
OriginalItalianPatient

My form is/was RR I had 4-5 main relapses, the last more than two years ago. My onset was optic neuritis. My right lower limb became weak and I was unable to walk. Dr Salvi did not administer prednisolon and get me to prof Z. ECD was positive for CCSVI. He explained me everything with patient and I was immediately convinced. In the late morning I underwent liberation. The left jugular and the azygos were blocked and subsequently dilated by a balloon. I write with the help of a friend who speaks English but he doesn't know very well the medical terms.

Surprisingly, in the afternoon I was again capable to walk and practically perfect in a few days. No cortison in this attack. Fatigue and paresthesia, always present, disappeared . ECD was repeated at 1month, and subsequently every three ad 6 months. Restenosis occurred more than 1 year later detected by ECD. No symptoms but ProfZ and Dr S suggested a second treatment. I did. I am very happy to share my unbelievable experience in this forum .

We read that you are trying to convince american newspapers to go to Bologna. This is vital. Zamboni's group needs support, please help as much as you can. The same will be done in Italy. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Hi Italy,
is there may be any Italian forum about this?
It might be helpful for people who speak Italian.

But please, do not stop to write here. It is very nice to read it. :)
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Thank you for posting, Original Patient...I look forward to meeting you in Bologna. You see my picture on my profile...so please come and say hi to me! Il mio vero nome è Giovanna.

Your story confirms what Dr. Zamboni has just skimmed on in his Charing Cross paper. The fact that balloon procedures stopped relapses, and that keeping the veins open keeps MS from progressing in RRMS patients.

We have publicized the Fondazione Hilarescere website on here, but thank you for the reminder.

Continua la buona salute e ci vediamo presto!
cheer
Last edited by cheerleader on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Now I'm getting excited again. It's going to be a good weekend!
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Welcome OriginalPatient and thank you for posting.

We have been waiting to hear from someone from the Liberation 100 group - the news of your recovery is very exciting. Did you know of others who were treated? Did they have similar success?

You wrote
I am very happy to share my unbelievable experience in this forum .
We are glad you shared....Thank You
Sharon
marcstck
Family Elder

Post by marcstck »

Original patient, thanks so much for posting.

I'm wondering if you have any information on the PPMS and SPMS patients that were treated with the liberation procedure?

Thanks for any information you can provide...

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”