Catfreak's date for the testing and intervention

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Catfreak's date for the testing and intervention

Postby catfreak » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Alex called me today about Noon my time or 10AM Stanford time. She gave me a choice of Aug 24-25 or Sept 2-3. I spoke with my husband and we decided Sept 2-3 would work best for us since we are on vacation now and need to get back and get everything ready like flights and hotel.

She is still working on my insurance.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
catfreak
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Needled » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Way to go, Cat.:D :D And what great news to get while you're on vacation! We'll be looking forward to all the details.
Needled
Family Elder

Postby questor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Cat,
I'm so glad to hear this, I've been watching for word that you'd gotten a scheduled test date.

Congratulations!

--Tracy
CCSVI Procedure 9/16/2009 at Stanford
Stent in left and right IJVs
SPMS
Copaxone and Ampyra user
Botox Bladder Injections
questor
Family Elder

Postby ErikaSlovakia » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Congratulations, Cat!
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Postby CureOrBust » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:03 am

Congratulations, and all the best.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby skydog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:19 am

Congrats, I will be there the first and planning on spending some time in the bay area after my Stanford checkup. Love to meet Ya !!! Cheers, Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
skydog
Family Elder

Postby Sharon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:13 am

Great news Cat! Glad everything is getting set into motion for you.
Sharon
Family Elder

Postby Arcee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:12 am

Cat, the countdown begins! It is such an exciting and promising time. Best of luck. Looking forward to reading all about it.
Arcee
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 am

Mark aka Skydog,

That sounds great!

We are still trying to get our plans together and figure out where we can afford to stay and if we should rent a car and all that annoying stuff. The Stanford area is so expensive!

See you there!

Cat

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
catfreak
Family Elder

Postby mormiles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:39 am

Yippeeeee!!! Congratulations on getting the appointment and a short wait time. Yep, we're making plans too. Right now we're looking very strongly at flying in at San Jose, taking a shuttle to the Sheraton-Palo Alto (which is served by a free shuttle that stops at the Stanford Medical Center), and totally skipping renting a car. Even though the hotel is more expensive than some other possibilities, it's a decent deal if you forego the car renting and if you don't stay too long.
God go with you to Stanford,
Joyce (aka cypriane)~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for Steve (SPMS)----"Enter through the narrowgate..."
mormiles
Family Elder

Postby Needled » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 am

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned before, but don't forget to ask your hotel if they give discounted rates for patients at Stanford. Many hotels near hospitals/medical centers offer this. It never hurts to ask.
Needled
Family Elder

Postby cheerleader » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:52 am

mormiles wrote: Right now we're looking very strongly at flying in at San Jose, taking a shuttle to the Sheraton-Palo Alto (which is served by a free shuttle that stops at the Stanford Medical Center), and totally skipping renting a car.

This is what Jeff did, and recommended. It cuts down on the stress of driving in an unfamiliar area, and you're very close by the hospital. Look into all their discounts, Needled is right- they help out medical center visitors

Cat- really proud of you for following thru on this. I know it's been scary. Congrats on getting your time.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Postby Jamie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:11 am

We stayed at the Sheraton. It was fine.

I rented a car because I'm a control freak but I could very easily have used the shuttle.

The car rental place is a bus ride from the terminal anyway, may as well get on one bus and end up at the hotel.
Jamie
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi all.

I spoke to Alex again today, she confirmed all my appointments and told me she would email me everything.

She also told me she checked my insurance and it should pay 100%.

So, I want to celebrate and be happy but I am so sad about Holly that I just can't find the strength to do it.

I know she would want me to be happy about it all. Maybe tomorrow.

Cat

catfreak
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 am

Airline Tickets are purchased.

Hotel reservations are made at the Sheraton across from Stanford.

Waiting on my Appointment email for Alex.

Now I gotta tell my employer I need off again. I have no more vacation left and I don't get sick days. It will be unpaid.

Cat

catfreak
Family Elder

Next

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)