Memorial for Holly

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Sharon
Family Elder

Memorial for Holly

Post by Sharon »

Memorial for Holly

“peekaboo”

Member of ThisIS MS since February 9, 2009

Joined her God August 19, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Holly will continue to contribute to multiple sclerosis
Research at the Human Brain and Spinal Fluid Center, LA Calif.

Quotes from Holly:
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:17 pm Post subject:
Hi kay -

TIMS has so many topics re:ms that it can keep you busy for some time. I hate to brag but I must say that this is an intelligent as well as empathetic board around. And one doesn't have to know rocket science because there are people here that can explain it to us common folk
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no one trying to "convert" anyone to any type of treatment. We are adults and we make our own decisions. There are all sorts of info on TIMS regarding all sorts of therapies and results from those who have tried them. Again this is personal choice. And that is why CCSVI recieved its own forum so it would not cloud any other forum.......
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi mex5

come get some sunshine...you need to be happy where ever you decide to reside .......
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:22 am Post subject:

My experience is that my friends are in denial...they cannot accept that their friend who was once strong and a go getter is now quieter and sedate...I will talk w/them on the phone and I will have to remind them of my condition. This is the same w/ my family. Yes I gues your true friends will sick it out w/you and the others will fade away. (not that I had a ton of friends as i did when i was younger anyway. Being older seems to weed out alot of the misfits.) I just try to maintain a support system some only know me having MS.

Make new friends but keep the old...One is silver and the other gold.
Goodbye dear friend
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing some of Holly's posts with us, Sharon. Her voice lives on with us, even though her spirit has moved ahead. It's going to be unreal to me for a long time. God bless you, Holly...for all you did for so many. We are so indebted to you-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Goodbye Holly :cry:
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I always had this kind souls mental picture of her just from her screen name initially, and then as I interacted with her later. I imagine there's a story behing everyone's screen name and I always pictured her as someone ready at a moments notice to play peekabo with a child. It saddened me yesterday to delete my "friend request pending" on Facebook for Holly since she was at Stanford when I sent it. It was like closing a door. She will give me strength when I feel like giving up. That's how I'll remember her.
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Words seem so inadequate.
How could I have a friend I never met? How could I lose her? I don't know, but I have. :cry:
Rest peacefully, Holly.
I would be very interested in contributing to any charities or donations in Holly's memory. Maybe her family would be willing to share that with us?
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

N
Holly's sister will be sending a message to the forum in the next few weeks. I will ask her to put donation information in her message.

Thanks
Sharon
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Maybe we could donate to TIMS in Holly's memory.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Who runs/owns TIMS?

Has anyone got an email address for them? I have an idea.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Jamie -
Under the FAQ tab on the home page of TIMS
Who runs this site?
We are a group of friends who have been affected by MS in various ways--some are generally interested in autoimmune diseases, some have it, some have significant others who have it, others still have best friends or parents. All of us are disgusted with the state of treatments today and at the same time, brimming with excitement over what is being done in the research and drug pipeline field.

We are taking a stance of anonymity for a reason-- this site is to remain unbiased and focused on MS, not us. We contribute by using our skills to create a community and fill it with content, the rest is up to our users such as yourself
You can also donate to the upkeep of the site...scroll down on the home page..lower left hand corner.
Aaron is the name of the administrator
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

Any information on where to make a donation in Holly's name?
javaneen
radar22
Getting to Know You...

Post by radar22 »

make new friends but keep the old, some are silver the other are gold
It's hard to say goodbye Holly.... :cry:
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Sleep sweetly dear friend.... I will remember you always
marie
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I wanted to post a picture of lavender here, but couldn't figure it out. Holly was lovely in her posts, I think I would have liked her in person. My deepest sympathies to her loved ones.
CNClear
Family Member

Memorial for Holly

Post by CNClear »

Hello to you all...(and Ciao to Cheer)...I have spent the last few days reading everything in CCSVI from the beginning, as I didn't want to miss a thing...I feel like I actually 'know' some of the people here...like Holly...and now I come up this thread, "Memorial for Holly" and I have been searching for hours to try to find out what happened to her...can someone please tell me? I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me...I will introduce myself as soon as I can find which place is appropriate...any suggestions would be welcome as I no longer want to feel like a voyeur, but want to join you all...and I believe I may have something to contribute...but, first, please...what happened to Peekaboo? Thank you...Lisa aka CNClear
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”