More Questions on Palo Alto/San Jose

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
catfreak
Family Elder

More Questions on Palo Alto/San Jose

Post by catfreak »

I completely stink at searching for anything on this site. So I need some help.

It has been discussed about ways to get from the San Jose airport to Palo Alto and vice-versa

This I found out:

1)Rental Car $$ can't afford this - husband wants to eat....
2)Taxi is about $50 each way -again this could be food money
3)Sheraton does NOT have a shuttle to and from the Airport

Are there other shuttles or buses that we could utilize as we are trying to make a posh city affordable.

Thanks,

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Most airports are serviced by Super Shuttle. It is a national van shuttle that goes to groupings of hotels. Here's the web link: http://www.supershuttle.com/SFO_shuttle.aspx
and the info from the site:
SJC – Advanced reservations are required. Please call (800) BLUE-VAN (258-3826) to make your reservation. Upon arrival call the same (800) number, select option 1 and provide your reservation number so we can accommodate you. Please wait for your SuperShuttle van by the “Prearranged Pickup” sign located on the curb.

They are very reasonable and according to the site, wheelchair accessible if you let them know in advance.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Thanks, I did an online quote and it is $36.00 one way or $72.00 round trip for a shared van ride. It looked like $85.00 for a private van ride (up to 9 people) one way or $170.00 round trip. If you had a large group that would be OK, I guess.

That was just a partial quote. When I tried to send it. I came back with a error and said to call them. So I don't know how accurate this really is.

Thanks again,

Cat

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Cat -
call patient-guest services at Stanford and see if they can help you. I looked on the hospital site, and it mentions shuttles from San Jose
try this number at the hospital #650-223-4000

Sharon
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Sharon,

Thank you!! I knew there had to be another shuttle. I will check this tomorrow.

Cat