Hotels in Palo Alto

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
prof8
Family Elder

Hotels in Palo Alto

Post by prof8 »

I'm trying to make plans now for my trip to see Dr. Dake in Dec. Am I right about a Stanford hospital discount for some hotels or did I misread that in a post? The Sheraton is coming up $349 a night for the days I will be there!!! That's a bit steep to say the least.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

I would agree, $349 is steep!!. Most of the hotels have a discount for Stanford patients. I think the Sheraton changes it prices according to the demand. Example: my friend is staying at the Sheraton this week for $139 a night. I know that when I was going for my follow-up the price was high ...over $200. I figured it was because there was a Seniors Soccer Championship and the rooms were filling up fast. I stayed at the Creekside Inn which is about a 5-10 minute drive from the hospital. It is down the road on El Camino Drive. Actually stayed there both times. The room was $139 with the discount. You can look at their website. There was an awsome deli on the property and a Greek style restaurant next door.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

I got my rooms for $129 a night which is next week. The internet price was 2+ times higher so you have to call and get the rate with the Stanford Patient Discount.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

Try searching on hotwire.com -- they usually have really good rates
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

I did look on Hotwire and their price was the same and the Sheraton had posted on their website.

I don't think they work with the internet travel companies since I tried them all and got the same rate on all of them.

Cat

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
prof8
Family Elder

Post by prof8 »

thanks for the info.

I use hotwire a lot actually but you have to be careful, esp. with car rentals. There is a website called www.betterbidding.com that can give you a sense of which hotels you are likely to get, sometimes down to the very name of the hotel itself!
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

I have a hard time not knowing where I will be staying. That;s what you get with Priceline and some of the others.

I just called direct.

Cat

prof8
Family Elder

Post by prof8 »

Yeah Cat, given that we are having surgery I want to make sure I get a hotel I know I can recover in! No surprises. I'm planning to stay the night the day I check out of the hospital.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Me too. That's why I am staying at the Sheraton!

Cat

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”