Treatment in Italy - When?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
fernando
Family Elder

Treatment in Italy - When?

Post by fernando »

Besides being Argentinian, I have Italian citizenship (Grazie tante Nonno) so it would be natural for me to go to Italy to get the treatment.

So, does anyone know or imagine or estimate when a treatment will be available there? As far as I know the procedure would be free for Italian citizens (?)

Thanks

EDIT: Changed the subject to reflect the contents better.
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

I've been thinkin the same and planned that I'll write to Italy, if it's possible that foreign could come to operation? And if it's possible - how much would it cost? When I told my wife about the plan - she was almost packing her suitcase.
At the moment at least something is happening here in Finland - vascular guys and neuro's have had conversations about CCSVI and they are discussing if they begin to make their own research. Hopefully they start the reseacrh. With this knowledge I would be quite surprised if they don't - the evidence looks so strong and clear.
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I think Dr Simka is also setting up a treatment option in Poland, which would be considerable cheaper than the current projected costs of getting it performed in America without insurance.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

I think so, too.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Do you know what kind of treatment (stents/balloon/etc)?

Rokkit
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Rokkit wrote:Do you know what kind of treatment (stents/balloon/etc)?

Rokkit
Hi Rokkit,
you can find it in my posts, but again:
This information might important to all of you.
I have received another e-mail from Dr. Simka, it is just a part of it:

"As far as treatment modalities are concerned - there was a big discussion on that in Bologna, and as far as jugular veins are concerned a simple baloon angioplasty is not a good option, since ~50% of lesions reocclude with simultaneous MR relapse. There were suggestions to re-baloon such occlusions, but regarding the fact that a relapse means new damage to the brain, it does not seem wise. Dr. Dake from Stanford is for stenting, and it seems to be the only good option for highly localized lesions. But is the middle part of neck and in a case of inverted valve open surgery is probably the best choose (but, there are no idata for that at the moment, Zamboni's team has operated on only 5 patients, and all were with reocclusions after balooning).
Marian Simka"

It means he will do the open surgery on my right jugular. We still do not know what and where the problem is on my left side.
As soon as I know more I will post it.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
spiff

CCSVI/PPMS

Post by spiff »

What does all this mean to PPMS suffers????
Please NO MEDICAL LINGO!!!!!
Spiff