Catfreak's Recovery Notes

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

That sounds like a great day to me. I have a call into my neurologist to let him know about all this. I am pretty apprehensive. I really like this guy and I really need him to be positive, or at least open minded, so I can keep liking him.
Get some rest!
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Cat, Glad your day went well. Hopefully you can rest up today. I'm glad your neuro is interested. Every doctor's interest helps tilt the scales in our favor.
And BTW, I love your impatient cat with her funky hat. :lol:
radar22
Getting to Know You...

Post by radar22 »

Sorry I wasn't there for u during the bad days :oops:
I'm glad to read further and see that you are having good days. I'm curious to what Dr. D has to say after you see him in Nov.
To all of Tims, I apologise, for not being in touch myself, but to my defense- Catfreak and LR1234 got me distracted with FarmVille :lol:
Also,I wanted to comment on the post-you said something like- you wish we heard some good music like rock and roll instead of whatever that is we hear-I Agree and laughed at that remark.
When they were worried about you not hearing from you 4 over a week, I was actually worried this past week, because your farmland wasn't tilled, but I'm happy to hear your catching up with ur husband and playing Mafia Wars :!:
Keep your chin up! I feel good things for your future!
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Cat,

How are you feeling these days? Been too long since you updated - almost a week. :)
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Maggie, I was thinking the same thing today.
Cindi, How are you doing? You know you're supposed to be checking in with us. :)
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Oh, it looks like I am in good company. I feel like that little impatient cat in her avatar. I bet that rascal is on facebook! Okay, one of her facebook friends needs to make contact. Bring her back!
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Good Morning all!

I have not had much time these days to post. I get on and read a bit and that's about it.

Last weekend we spent the whole weekend working the Oldies Concert that my husbands friend puts on twice a year. Worked all day Friday then went to Jackson, Tn to have dinner with all the artists and then up Saturday to start sound checks and taking the artist to and from the venue until the actual concert started Saturday night. Late night!! Then drove home Sunday for a bridal shower for my niece. Man was I tired, but I managed to do it all.

This week we started a 45 hour work week. And my son Eric, who I don't see often enough came home on Thursday for a couple of days. Had to get the spare bedroom and bath ready for him. He left yesterday about noon. Going to my Mom's today.

I would have to say I am doing pretty good these days. My INR is crazy. I get it checked again tomorrow and then I hope Dr D tells me everything is fab on Nov 2nd and I can get off these crazy blood thinners.

We have a big trip to CA planned next week. Getting to SF on Saturday and maybe see Wicked and go to Napa/Sonoma one day. Staying in a hotel on uni0n Square. Eat some good food and see the city then come home on the 7th. I am very excited!

Then a week after we get back is my niece's wedding. After that the holidays will be on full swing. I hope I stay feeling good in the days to come.

Thanks to everyone for worrying about me. I love you all so much.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Oh boy, you are pretty busy!
I wouldn`t be able to do so much.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

It is so good to hear from you! It sounds like you are doing great! Can I ask you a couple more questions? I hope you don't mind.

Is your fatigue still lessened or are you taking something to keep so busy?
How is the numbness and tingling in your arms, hands, legs and feet?
How are your headaches?
How is your tinnitus?

Take care,
Beth
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Hi Beth,

My fatigue is better. I still get really tired but I'm sure age and not enough exercise could have a lot to do with that. I am off of all the fatigue meds. My husband helps me a lot and I work from home which is a big plus.

I still have some numbness and tingling but very little. Headaches are much better too. I still have tinnitus in my left ear (like a dog whistle). I has been worse but is not gone.

Are you getting excited??

Cat

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Are you getting excited??
FREAKED OUT might be a better description... That might be why I am hanging on every word you guys have to share. What do you think?
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

This is so cool, we are on an airplane with wifi!! On our way to SF for the week. I see Dr D on Tuesday morning. Feeling very good and ready to be off the Coumadin :) :)

We paln on taking in the sights and sounds of the Bay Area and hopefully Wine Country.

I will update more later! (my mafia is waiting on me) :lol: :lol:

Cat

CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Don't get too busy on FB and forget us. I want to hear everything!
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Hi all,

We are in San Francisco, today we rode the cable cars to the piers and walked through the Hyde St Pier and Historic Ships. Ate at a little place at Fishermans Wharf, walked to Pier 39 and took a 1 hour cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz and went to the Aquarium by the Bay. Then we walked several blocks to the Harley Davidson place to get our son Chris a Harley T-shirt. Several more blocks to get the Cable Car back to the Hotel. Lots and lots of walking. I am tired but feel good. This is when I know I am getting better. We will see how I feel tomorrow!! 8O 8O 8O

Cat

bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Wow! You had a busy day. I'm glad you feel good and hope tomorrow is good too. Enjoy SF - it's a great city and you are staying in a great location.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”