Catfreak's Recovery Notes

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
catfreak
Family Elder

Catfreak's Recovery Notes

Post by catfreak »

Patient: Cindi

Diagnosis: Probable MS 2/03 and RRMS 4/08 - at age 48

Lesions: multiple brain lesions, 8 or so, small, round and scattered

Symptoms: constant headache, ringing and buzzing in left ear, severe fatigue, bowel issues, depression, constant twitches in legs and occasionally in arms and hands, daily numbness and tingling in feet, legs, arms and hands, left hip pain, slight left foot drop when fatigued, severe heat intolerance, severe brain fog, problems with processing, memory and speech, itchiness on face and head and overall I just want to get out of this body that has betrayed me.

EDSS: 4 - self assessment test at Dr. Dake’s Office

Treatments: Tysabri Infusions every 4 week, could not tolerate Rebif side effects

Diagnosis at Stanford: 9/09 CCSVI- Left jugular vein occluded with many small collateral veins, right jugular occluded by an Arachniod Tissue Cyst in the Sigmoid Sinus. Occluded left jugular carrying all the blood flow

Treatment: 9/09 1 stent on left side, 1 on right side and balloon where left and right jugulars meet in upper chest

3 days after procedure: ringing/buzzing in left ear is gone or at least a lot better.

Blood Pressure was 130/88 with a BP pill daily. Now it is 117/77 with no BP pills at all.

More to come......
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Re: Catfreak's Recovery Notes

Post by Rokkit »

catfreak wrote:Blood Pressure was 130/88 with a BP pill daily. Now it is 117/77 with no BP pills at all.
Really? That's crazy. Could it be because of the Coumadin somehow? My BP was perfectly normal until my MS symptoms started, it's been high ever since. If that got fixed, I would be very happy.

Rokkit
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Rokkit,

I am going to take it several times a day. When I get up, while I work, get stressed and go to bed. Then see if I can go without the BP meds.

Cat

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Cat,
Keep the updates coming! It is great to hear how you are progressing. I am glad to hear of the improvement in your hearing.
BTW, I like the new cat. Even though the cats are a little scary themselves, the spider was really scary!
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

CHRInv,

I hate spiders too!!

I have noticed this evening that I still have some ringing in my left ear. :cry: :cry: I was hoping it would be gone for good.

Work went quite well today. I work from home so did not have to deal with getting out. I am quite tired tonight and ready for some good sleep and then see what tomorrow brings.

Cat

catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

This morning my head and neck still hurt and I am not taking any pain meds for it. I may have to break down and take some ibuprofen.

My BP was 117/75 this morning. Pulse 82 and it is usually 96-100 range.

The ringing is gone this morning.

My legs and feet started swelling last night and went down during the night but seem to be swelling again this morning. This could be not taking the BP pills since they are also a diuretic.

I go today for my INR test.

More to come....................

Cat

mormiles
Family Elder

Post by mormiles »

Cindi, Wow! Life without that obnoxious noise in your head! Steve's sounds like a machine shop and mine sounds like cicadas (and I don't even have MS). It would be really wonderful to lie down for sleep without all that uproar going on. Congratulations on your new state of silence.

By the way, I was thinking about bathing our cat. It would be his first bath ever and my first time ever to bathe a cat. Since you switched your cat avatar, I'm having second thoughts.
Joyce (aka cypriane)~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for Steve (SPMS)----"Enter through the narrowgate..."
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Cat - you are really doing some overtime with the avatars. I haven't even gotten around to my first one! BTW, I like this one with the tapping fingers. I think he is waiting for all of us to get better!
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

CHR

He is most certainly waiting on all of us to get better and he waiting for all the news from Cheer!! :D :D

He is a bit impatient like me.

Cat

mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Pretty cute!

every day will be better Spideycat!!
marie
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
radar22
Getting to Know You...

Post by radar22 »

I like your new Cat, too. I don't know how to get a picture on mine.

About your legs, did you have swelling in them b4 the procedure? I just wondered if that was a common symptom. I don't remember reading about that. I read about neck pain and different things. Just wondering, since your B/P is doing so well. Are u drinking lots of water??? :)
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

radar22,

Hi, I love the cat too! It looks like my Amber with a hat on! :D :D :D

I took my BP 5 minutes ago and it was 130/85 so I may have to go back to the meds. My feet and ankles should go down with the meds.

Cat

bibliotekaren
Family Member

Post by bibliotekaren »

A hearty congrats on getting rid of the ringing in the ear!! Ah, the sound of silence.

I've had tinnitus in my R ear for about five years and have on/off pulsatile tinnitus in my L. Am holding out hopes that the CCSVI intervention may help when I can get it.

Hope the neck gets better.

Donna
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Hi Cat!
I love your new avatar!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Thanks Erika!!

I am thinking about you every day and praying you get the tests and procedure soon!!

Cat

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”