CCSVI - Aussie Action!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

It's now Saturday afternoon in Katowice; almost four days after my operation. We are packing up getting ready to head back home tomorrow morning, Katowice to Frankfurt to Bangkok to Melbourne. Not looking forward to the horrendous Frankfurt to Bangkok leg; will probably be a full plane. We've tried to upgrade to give me more space and comfort, but not sure yet as to the possibility of this. I'm feeling ok, no significant changes from previously. My hands are still warm, which is good. Meeting up with Dr. Simka this afternoon for final discussions. The news regarding Radeck hasn't helped - one more consideration with this procedure. But hopefully, all goes well and I'll speak to you again from Oz in a few days time.
Cheers,
Phil
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I am very happy for you, after your bad experience in Australia. Please let us know you are well, when you arrive back home.
Arcee
Family Elder

Post by Arcee »

Phil, safe and easy travels home for you. How great will that feel to be back home :D Hoping for continued improvement for you.
diagnosed RR in spring '04
1 stent placed in left jugular vein 7/15/09
on and off Copaxone
allergric to interferons and Tysabri
wonky1
Family Elder

Post by wonky1 »

Hi Phil, it was great meeting you in Katowice, all that chatting sure helped.
If I had been alone I may have been more concerned about my impending treatment.
I hope your flight was O.K. your jet lag isn't too bad and that you continue healing when you've had a good sleep.
All the best.

Wonky
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Glad to read from you Phil :)

That sounds good; only few days; you had lots of pressure, stress, time lagging, work etc... Sit for the weekend and look again maybe?

Thanks for the feedback; I was waiting for it :)
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Hey Phil,
I was hoping to hear that you had some more obvious improvements.

Maybe in time things will improve more.

Overall, I feel more lethargic, spastic and weaker than before I went away, especially at night and early morning.
I don't know why you have this.....lets hope that it is temporary
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

double post :oops:
Last edited by mrhodes40 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I definitely felt lethargic when on blood thinners personally and felt improved in that arena when I was allowed to go off of them. And let's also be clear that this is still surgery, not a day at the spa. Bodies need rest after anything like that.

Your comments on having warm hands and a fresh looking face reflect my early experience as well. I STILL do not get freezing cold in the car all the time as I used to. My car used to be on max heat all the time, now I find if I cranked it up to warm the car when it's cold, I will soon be turning it down.

It would be worrisome to think maybe they missed something, but man at this stage in the game, people have limited experience, so it is a concern.

Phil, did they not do dopplers before you went home to check for reflux and make sure the blood flow was restored to normal smooth flow? Are you getting a recheck in a couple months of any kind?

It would be a comfort to know that blood flow was corrected to a more normal state. At this point in time without knowing if this *will* help MS at least we'd like to know that the minimum standard for this procedure, good blood flow, was met.
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
wonky1
Family Elder

Post by wonky1 »

Hi Phil
I'm tired too and I'm sure its the drugs. A common side effect so I read.
I perked up to start with but I'm tired now, not fatigued though.
I have dark blood in my urine so hopefully the INR check will confirm that I can lessen my intake a bit. I have a UTI so that may be why.

MrHodes, they didn't confirm proper flow before I left, although I guess that was part of the procedure as I have a cd of my venogram which shows flow a plenty. How about you Phil?
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Well, maybe I am not completely normal - which might be true :D
I swear I did not and still do not feel lethargic or tired due to Clexane - just nothing. I did not go to check my INR. So far so good.
I think each body is different.
Phil, do not worry, just take it easy. If I had to count it your way so I`m 2 of 10.
I am not sure, but I do not think there is something you should or you should not feel.
To be honest I was expecting something like very slow improvements during one year. Well, it was different, I am sure I have more energy, I do not feel fatigue since the first day and I am sure my heart beets normally not too fast since the first day.
But I still have many MS symptoms. Like I am sure I would not be able to work every day full time. I would like to but I simply must be patient.
Erika
Last edited by ErikaSlovakia on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottandHannah

CCSVI / Doppler testing in Melboure

Post by ScottandHannah »

Hi Brainteaser (and everyone) - I've just read this whole thread and it's brought both tears of joy and sadness to my eyes. My wife is 25 years old and was diagnosed with MS about four years ago. She (Hannah) is an Aussie but we have been here in my hometown of Toronto for the past 3 months. We watched the W5 CCSVI doco two weeks ago and have been in high hopes ever since. We are heading back to Melbourne for good on December 27th and could really use some help as to how to go about getting Hannah the Doppler tests. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really pulling for you Phil and will check back regularly to check your progress.

Cheers,
Scoot & Hannah
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Phil - you sound to be doing at least 10% better, and that is great by any measure. If I haven't mixed you up with someone else, I understand that you have had, er, you had CCSVI/MS for 27 years. I would suppose that the more "damage", the longer the healing process.

Perhaps some stenoses were missed, but you are having some improvement, and that will hopefully continue apace, and the science can catch up. Hopefully, in the next year or two, the diagnostics and procedure will be perfected, and we can get the tune-ups we might need without having to sell our children.

If we still have iron deposits, or whatever, after the blockage is cleared, we will need to chelate those, and encourage our brains to re-wire. Physio, speech therapy - whatever our individual needs, will help, I'm certain. Jill Bolte-Taylor had to re-learn how to walk, talk, and I'm sure much more, but she did it. If I remember correctly, it took her 7 years to get to her present state, and she is not 100% yet. And that was a massive stroke...

Is it CureIous that had his first symptom in 2004, DX in 2007, angioplasty procedure 2009, and is 100%. Perhaps less iron build-up in 5 years than 10, or 20, or 30 years, and hence the faster total remission.

We are all rooting for you. I am sending you some of the golden light.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Last edited by Johnson on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
seeva
Family Elder

Post by seeva »

Brainteaser wrote:In 2 days I have a consultation with a Melbourne vascular surgeon. So far, he seems interested in CCSVI. I've sent him all the documentation. I understand that he recently saw Dr Simka's presentation in Monaco and he may have met Prof Zamboni.

Knowing how you Americans are pretty good at selling anything to anyone, :wink: my enquiry is - what are the key points to raise with my bloke which might entice him from ladies legs to hairy necks! :?:

I can't see that $ would be the main attraction - they do well already. Also 'sympathy' is not something I've experienced too much with the medical industry - a 'sympathetic doctor' might be one for the oxymoron list. :roll:
HI PHIL My name is SEEVA from SYDNEY andI like to contact the melboure
No, there must be other incentives............

Dr Dake and others have come onboard with CCSVI where I imagine they might have plenty of other patients to take care of.

Perhaps it is the notion of getting involved in something new and exciting or making their mark on the World stage.

So what can we do or say to get vascular surgeons excited about CCSVI?? :?: :?: :?:
"
HI PHIL MY NAME IS SEEVA FROM SYDNEY and i like to contact the MELBOURE DR.Please let us have the details
regards
SEEVA
hil
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: