Welcome Rhonda! Glad you found this.
Please read all you can this is experimental at this point in time. It takes a considerable amount of support for a new idea like this to qualify is proven, and that is why your doctor was relucatant--at this point we still need
1. more replication of the idea that MSers have stenosis and normal people do not (I think there is enough there to say we MSers do have it, and certainly an individual can see if they have it themselves, but only Zamaboni has large blinded controlled trials showing normals do not- we need other researchers to replicate that)
2. release of the full data on the relatively few people treated for stenosis so far and their outcomes
3. repetition of the treatment research on larger numbers.
We can't expect most doctors to support this at this point it is too preliminary for them to feel it is something they'll start referring patients to.
But as far as where we stand on those shortcomings listed above:
1. Jacobs is doing a gargantuan replication including more diagnostics, even than Zamboni did, with results expected to be trickling in over the next year and a total number of patients tested being 1700
2. full data on the first treated group should be out in October with the second group already nearly a year in to treatment.
3. Dr Dake has already treated roughly 40 people starting last May. These people will have their results documented.
So this is a good way down the path towards acceptance even though it is not proven at this time.
But I am happy you have made the step to be evaluated. If you have failed traditional therapies it feels so good to hope again!! I am happy for you! My own treatment was very welcome for the same reason, I had all but given up that anything would happen in my lifetime the regular stuff just seemed to be going in circles, and I was like "yeah, heard it all before"...now I am happy to know that no matter what else comes out over time, my circulation issues have been addressed. It just seems to me that can only be helpful.....
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics