Mahmood K. Razavi, M.D. joined the staff of St. Joseph Vascular Institute in August 2005 and currently serves as the Director of Clinical Trials and Research Center.
sewwhat wrote:I did do a follow up, but started another thread I wrote:
Well Dr Razavi was very nice. I took my mri and he said it looks like MS to him.(I'm in limbo)
He then asked what brought us to his office? Well my husband explained everything to him better then I ever could thankfully.
He was very surprised that we knew about CCSVI and asked where I had found the information since it is all so new. I told him and he mentioned that he has worked with Dr. Dake. He recommended that I get my LP done and get the MS diagnosis and then come back to his office and we can talk more about testing and stents if need be. He also needs to look at my blood work results. I unfortunately haven't got them from neuro yet. I should have been smarter and scheduled this appt after all my ducks were in a row...I just wanted to get in there and find the problem.
So that was that.
Hubby walked me to my car and I had a complete breakdown as he
walked away...My LP is scheduled for next thurs. and I am terrified.
This is still all so new to me. I guess it just hit me walking out of the doctors office that damn it I flippin' DO have MS and its not going anywhere! Rolling Eyes lil bit of denial was lingering in my head
I'm sorry to ramble but my husband is my only real support system and he went to work..I guess I am just bummed cause I wanted to be able to schedule the tests asap and get crackin on this ya know??
Anyway LP next week, Neuro appt. the following week for the diagnosis I imagine, and then I am calling the vascular doctor back to schedule the tests. thanks
I had my LP which was no problem. After the initial 24 hours in bed, I still couldn't be upright at all though without immense pain in my head. Husband & I didn't want to pay 125.00 for ER visit so I waited 3 more days in bed then finally had to go in for the blood patch. It HURT like crazy! But at least I could be upright and get back to work.
Went to my Neuro appt. and he said the LP was good so I am in limbo still...I wish I could be happy with no dx as hubby wants me to be..
I am upset without the dx because I feel like I will not be able to get into any of the trails and not start any meds that may help. Neuro wants me back in 4 months to see where we're at...so idk..I guess I will get another mri etc. then..
I think I'm going to make another appt. with this vascular doctor and see if he will do the testing w/o the diagnosis. I"m not sure why he wanted me to get that first. I feel a bit lost in the process and wonder if I should just try another vascular doctor? I may just wait til I save enough money to get up to Dr Dake. Sorry to ramble & sorry I did not update in the original post. thanks
Users browsing this forum: No registered users