exercise and CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ikulo
Family Elder

exercise and CCSVI

Post by ikulo »

hey all, I am still on the newbie-train when it comes to CCSVI and thus I don't necessarily understand everything. So, wanted to see what you all thought about the implications of CCSVI on exercise. If there is a blockage in the vein which causes reflux, and if exercise increases blood flow, wouldn't exercise result in worsening of the condition because of increased reflux? Conversely, would lowering the blood pressure have positive effects on MS/CCSVI? Maybe this would explain why people sometimes have exacerbations after emotional tension and stress and the subsequent increase in blood pressure?
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Well in fact a significant part of your venous drainage from the head is aided by the negative pressure in your chest that allows you to breath, it is called the thoracic pump. SO take a good deep breath and the same "sucking" (negative pressure) that pulls air in also pulls the blood through the veins.

Exercise increases oxygenation too.

Stress results in cortisol and fight or flight hormones that impact your body system wide causing vasoconstriction in some areas, vasodilation in others, changes in permeability of the endothelium etc. These changes would be negative for CCSVI.

Blood pressure has to do with arteries......veins are pretty much passive.
:wink:
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

That's helpful, thanks! This is why I did NOT go into the sciences. :)
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

And breathing out solute free watermust alter the density of the fluids in the lungs and respiratory tract. Impossible for this not to take place! And denser fluids will inevitably flow acording to the direction of gravity, so posture is very important in order to make use of this effect! Which we all do during the day time, but what about at night sleeping in a flat bed?

Could that negative pressure be a result of migrating denser salts?

Andrew