New and excited!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby Shannon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:32 am

That's somewhat encouraging about the BC/BS covering in full. I wish ours were a PPO rather than an HMO. Alex did say that they have treated those who had HMO plans though, so I am also encouraged by this. I think it's a great idea to have the scripts for the procedure and the testing though. :wink:

I hope that those of us still waiting hear something soon! It's great to hear about others and their successful procedures and improving health. I want that to be me!!!
Shannon
Family Elder
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Advertisement

Postby CRHInv » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:46 am

I have my fingers crossed for all of you to get your call. I have a feeling it will be coming soon! Hang in there.
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
User avatar
CRHInv
Family Elder
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Chandler, AZ

Postby Shannon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:07 am

I just got a call from my PCP's office! They said that Dr. Dake's office called yesterday, but they need more information. She also said that when patients need to go out of state for procedures, it is a specialist who writes a letter to the insurance company stating why the procedure cannot be performed locally. Well, the only specialists I currently could ask would of course be my neuros, but one of them I haven't even spoken to about this yet and the other I did speak to. He had not heard of CCSVI but he did seem interested in the information. He is referring me to an MS specialist that I see in January and he wants me to bring along the best printed material I can find about it to show the specialist. I wonder if this neuro would be able to write the letter to the insurance company? Anyhow, I just e-mailed Alex back letting her know what I found out and I sent her the contact information for the neuro that I already mentioned this to, suggesting that maybe she could get in touch with him about the specifics. I also suggested that maybe I should get a referral for a local vascular specialist who would then confirm that it was something that he couldn't do himself and he could write the letter. *Sigh* Well, Alex did say that it can take a lot of time and there would be a lot of hoops which is why she suggested I get the ball rolling as soon as I possibly could. I just hate the bureaucratic nonsense! I will keep everyone updated on what happens next. :)
Shannon
Family Elder
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Postby CRHInv » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:25 am

Great! Let the nonsense begin! I think that is the only way to get through it, right?
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
User avatar
CRHInv
Family Elder
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Chandler, AZ

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service