CCSVI and pain?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
kathryn6112
Family Member

CCSVI and pain?

Post by kathryn6112 »

Hi all. I am pretty new to this forum and have been reading about CCSVI with interest. I don't really understand it very well, and I haven't been able to read through everyone's posts, but I did print off some of the research to give to my neuro when I see him in 2 weeks. I'm not sure how receptive he will be but I'll give it a try.

Today, I saw my pain management doctor and mentioned it to him. He was interested and was going to do some research on it.

Here is my question - Do you think that this vein problem (with the twists and stenosis) could cause chronic pain? I have had right upper quadrant pain for over 4 years now. It is always there, only helped a little by taking Lortab. It is not terrible pain, I can certainly live with it, but it never goes away. I have had every test you can imagine to try to find the source of the pain with no positive results. My gall bladder is gone, btw, and the pain is in the area of the gall bladder. The reason I wondered about this was because I thought the azygous vein might be near that area and a problem there could be causing the pain.

Anyone think this might be true? My pain doc suggested I email the Stanford clinic with my information and see what they say, but I thought I would run it by this forum first. I really don't know if they would respond to a random email from me, anyway.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kathryn
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Well that's kind of asking people to speculate because I do not know how there could be a connection, but could imagine one...how's that?

if you had a lower type of stenosis perhaps it may have impacted some other tissues. I know early on we went around the "could this whack the liver circulation too" tree and it turned out that that was not plausible. However fact can be stranger than fiction, you might see if Dr Dake will check you out and just see what things seems to say....
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
kathryn6112
Family Member

Post by kathryn6112 »

Thanks for responding. I guess I just wondered in anyone else had felt pain like that.

I've seen on other threads that people are sending their info to Dr. Dake to be evaluated for the CCSVI procedure. Does he have established guidelines somewhere of who he will see (i.e., what problems they have, how far progressed, etc.)? Thanks.