From what I understand, in my case, I will not get any results on the day of testing, which will be Friday, the 16th. Dr. Dake will be out of the country on that day so I will have my consult with results Monday the 19th...then surgery. Believe me, I asked if they would give me any indication on Friday, Alex said no. TORTURE! Also, I don't have my times yet. Alex will send them soon.
Honestly, I am just thrilled to be going. I just booked my flight!!!
We can begin the countdown together!!!!
Geeze that's a full blown weekend of torture! However, me being the persistent "dumb question=one that's not asked" kind of guy, I wouldn't be averse to hitting up the radiology tech on the way out. Chit chat chit chat "thanks a lot for all your help" yadda yadda, "by the way did you see anything interesting on the MRI?". If you do it in such a way that it's not asking for dx specifically, since he's looked at so many of us already he might be able to at least give you a hint if you are "standard issue". I think it would be different if they were dxing for brain cancer or something innoculous then ran across something bad, which happens. In this case however you just need something along the lines of a hypothetical question thats not pinning him down to a straight answer.
Definitely worth a shot. Maybe plead your "waiting all weekend" case as a last resort... I know when I had a thoracic MRI, looking for lesions, she ran across a possible spinal cord compression from a thoracic disk. She wasn't "supposed" to discuss it with me, but me being the "not freaking out at every little thing" kind of person, she had no problem showing it to me. One CT myelogram and a neurosurgeon's consult later I was cleared of any cord involvement. Phew! One place you don't want an operation on is your thoracic spine.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko
, Virtually symptom free since, no relap