post surgical followup

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
zap
Family Elder

post surgical followup

Post by zap »

So does everyone who gets the stents have to go back out 2 months later to be checked out?

Just wondering since I don't really have a lot of money for plane tickets, hotels, etc ... for some reason I didn't consider the followup needs until today.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Yes, 2 months checkup is common. I go in 1 month or 4 weeks from tommorrow and we are going to try and make a pleasant little vacation out of the next trip. Saving my money as we speak.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
CureIous
Family Elder

Re: post surgical followup

Post by CureIous »

zap wrote:So does everyone who gets the stents have to go back out 2 months later to be checked out?

Just wondering since I don't really have a lot of money for plane tickets, hotels, etc ... for some reason I didn't consider the followup needs until today.
My appt is Monday after next.

After a couple months of thinners u will be looking forward to it. They aren't "hell on earth" but they aint pleasant either. YMMV. They will do another MRV of your stuff and make sure the stents are all nice and snug inside their new skin and check for any new stenosis etc. Seems the rules have relaxed a bit too on the fasting before the MRV. Yippee! Of course follow instructions not what I say!

Btw the only reason I could do the 1st trip was my hotel was "funded" by a very kind businesswoman/owner, who then volunteered the same for this trip too. Otherwise I think I would have to crawl up there. Seriously.

You might consider asking if he can find, or knows of someone in your area that can do the mrv. I know at least 1 person did that if I'm not mistaken. Mark.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”