I have a doubt....Plz suggest !!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Bibek
Getting to Know You...

I have a doubt....Plz suggest !!!!!

Post by Bibek »

In 2004 i was dx "AQUEDUCTAL STENOSIS" and referred to Neurosurgery dept for having an operation,but the Neurosurgery dept denied saying "the MR brain shown mild to moderate ventricular dilation,it appears to be arrested hydrocephalus and not the cause of present neurological status".Later at a different hospital in 2006 i was dx "? PROGRESSIVE MS "

I am having swelling in my feet and the other symptoms are difficulty in walking ,Bladder and Bowel dysfunctions.

My present regimen:
Liofen 10 mg thrice a day
IMURAN 50 mg twice a day
Rantac 150 mg twice a day
Revotril 0.5 mg once a day
Becasule one cap a day

Does the stenosis has got any likely cause for my present symptoms ?should i again persue with neurophysicians / surgeons ?

Kindly let me have your valued suggestions plz. :( :?:
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Wow, I'm sorry you have such an odd situation there.

The aqueductal thing is related to the ventricles and the passages related to the cerebrospinal fluid and they thought you had a stenosis in there that may have been a hydrocephalus....but then decided it was not actually that problem. IS this correct?

There is a hint that this may be related to our materials in that one of the doctors in Bologna thought that this is very much like normal pressure hydrocephalus; the excess pressure in the CSF in that case can press on the adjacent veins and result in a bit of a backup.

It is also true that because we have CCSVI, adopting the model here, the extra pressure in the venous system means we cannot reabsorb the CSF the way we should.

The reason is that the cerebrospinal fluid is not in direct contact with the blood so it needs to get oxygen and nutrients from the veins that are on the edges of the ventricles, those same veins have to carry away the old CSF. The cerebrospinal fluid in a day exchanges about 5 times in a normal person.

I believe there may be an interaction between your odd ventricles and the CCSVI paradigm, but at this point in time I do not think you could get anyone to understand this idea unless possibly it was Dr Frohman who was the peson who was offering that these two may be related.

Read the thread about this here
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8147.html

this is speculative of course, the idea of CCSVI is still unproven let alone the additional tie in to the CSF, but it is all coming together! New understandings are on the way even now.
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”