Marketing CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Cah,

The link goes to a red x. But I'll wait for the next one.

I like MS, multiple stenosis, but I think CCSVI has to replace it because it's confusing when trying to "sell" the concept. Maybe there needs to be a second "logo" with red circle with diagonal line thru it and MS in the center. Like a no smoking sign?
CNClear
Family Member

Post by CNClear »

Cah, great job!
and I agree with bestadmom about the 'no ms' logo, too...good ideas!!

I think I already know where to start using them!! :D

Thanks...

Lisa
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Me too! Lisa, your fund is going to be the kick off IntlCCSVI.org. We've got logo, tag line, outreach is happening. We need an attorney to set up a non-profit. There's got to be one on this forum - we've got so many talented professional people . Maybe Jeff can write us a`theme song??!!!!
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Hm, that's funny. When I click the link, it's valid. I'll ask the people on csvi-ms.net if I can put it on their space.

Well, if it's called multiple stenosis, at least thisisms, msif and others can keep their adresses :D

Couldn't be a "No smoking"-MS Sign misinterpreted as some "racist" thing against MSers? And it would be a second sign, messing up the composition. What about the fist hitting the letters MS? I'll try this.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Or the fist squeezing the MS? You can email me the hi-res logo when it's ready to michelle@jonbrown.net.
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Yes, squeezing or crushing the MS is what I meant.

I've tried another uploader:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3500/ccsvi4high.jpg

But if you have the patience, wait a few days, the next version will be much better.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

There must be a setting on my computer tht won't let me see the image. I can't get it but I'm patient
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Michelle,

try right-clicking the link an choose "save target as".

A thought on halloween: Isn't CCSVI like playing trick or treat (it) to your neurologist? :wink:
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

got it! Yes trick on the neurologists, treat for us!!!!
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Yes trick on the neurologists, treat for us!!!!
Well, then it's actually trick AND treat :)
Edser
Family Elder

Post by Edser »

Bleed Us
DONT
Tease Us
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Our url's are registered!

My hubby did them and I didn;t like first two:
ccsvi.us and ccsvi.us.com so he also did
intlccsvi.org/.net and .com

ccsvi.org/.net and .com aren't available
joycesvoices

Post by joycesvoices »

For a little inspiration, see today's NY Times article, A Conversation with Brian J. Druker M.D. It relates the story of how the cancer wonder drug Gleevec came to market after people affected by chronic myeloid leukemia took their case to the drug's manufacturer.

"Through the internet, they generated a petition that landed on the C.E.O.'s desk, asking for greater access. That's how Phase 2 [of Gleevec] was rapidly expanded."

Although not the same exact situation, similar tactics might work for moving CCSVI treatment into the mainstream.
homefront
Getting to Know You...

Post by homefront »

Just had this response from MS Society UK to my enquiry as to why ccsvi is not on their site:

"We appreciate that our research web pages are not the easiest to navigate which is why we are updating them at the current time. One of the new features that we're planning for the web pages is an A-Z of MS research which will contain information about CCSVI. We are hoping to have the web pages updated before the end of the year."

Best Wishes
Homefront
Ruthless67
Family Elder

How's this for a hairbrained idea?

Post by Ruthless67 »

In April of 2008 I watched Ann Boroch talk to Montel on his show about her own quest to find a cure for her MS. She had written a book called Healing Multiple Sclerosis” Diet, Detox & Nutritional Makeover for Total Recovery.
I bought her book and after following her protocol for approximately 18 months now I know I’ve had improvements in my overall health and I think some slight improvement in my MS symptoms.

So I sent her an e-mail at ann@annboroch.com on 10/29 and asked her to give me her opinion about CCSVI and I attached this link http://www.atlasorthogonality.com:80/Pa ... outAO.html She replied that it was interesting but was non-committal. Kind of like when your mom says, “That’s nice, dear”. I will try again and send her more information, but maybe some others could do the same in the hopes that she just might just read some of it and then really take a closer look. Maybe, if we’re lucky, she could come on board or she might even get information about CCSVI to Montel Wiliiams. Now that would be AWESOME. Call me crazy….lol