Response from Canadian MS Society Re: CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

MrSuccess wrote:Dr. O'Connor states up front ... I am excited but cautious.

...snip...

Mr. Success
When I spoke to Dr. O'Connor 3-4 weeks ago, he told me he spoke to a lot doctors around the world and didn't think "this is it" (his words). His advice was to wait for more research and pretty much what he says in the interview, but he was definitely not 'excited' at the time. It seems he's slowly turning around... so I'm cautious but optimistic about his view on CCSVI.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt though as he's been studying MS for 20+ years and has seen a lot of 'this is it' claims throughout the years and I can understand how he would be very jaded hearing it again...
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

I remember from cheerleader's notes on the Sept 8 cenaculum :

Dr. Frohman asks Dr. Lee-
Why the latency for onset of MS compared to other VM disease?

Dr. Lee states that some cases of Budd Chiari are diagnosed at age 30, not all are pediatric. It depends on the level of vena cava obstruction. It is too late to repair by the time they do a liver biopsy. The venous system is not like the atrial system- extra pressure makes it very vulnerable. Acute venous hypertension is easy to find and obvious, but this is not the issue...it is the slower progress such as CCSVI...what we do not know is what we do not know.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

Hello ozarkcanoer - great handle -. Yes , there is alot of overreaction in this great idea of Dr. Zamboni's. Both Way's .Unbridled enthusiasm in favor of it ....and complete dismissal by others without vetting the information . :evil:

As someone has posted , the Zamboni research is soon to be available to all. It will be examined with a fine tooth comb , by those with the medical credentials and ability to act on the findings. Hopefully sooner than later.

I found the O'Connor interview , encouraging . At this point , Dr. O'Connor has as much information as anyone . And his response reflects this. Let's hope Dr. O'Connor examines the Zamboni report , and then supports the theory. Dr. O'Connor made an important comment in cautioning us about other new ms treatments that have failed. That is a reasonable position to take ...at this time.

There are no bad guy's here. It's all good.

Mr. Success