Anyone been to Stanford who has no CCSVI?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Welcome Sofabed!

Hope you find the time to post to the TIMS tracking thread. We are all very interested in Zamboni's patients because you are one to two years post Liberation Procedure. Dr. Dake from Stanford started in May, so our histories are shorter than yours.

Thanks for coming to the site.

Sharon
Ana
Family Member

Re: Anyone been to Stanford who has no CCSVI?

Post by Ana »

Sofabed wrote: I don't know if depends only on the operator skills or also on the kind of doppler machine, but with the doppler you do can scan the azygos, or at least they do in Ferrara.
greetings
Hello Sofabed,

grazie per il tue risposta e benvenuto :wink:

Dr. Simka told me that he is unable to scan the azygos vein and I believe this is because of the limitations of the machine he uses. I guess Ferrara and its university have a better machine. But interesting to hear that it is possible to scan the azygos via doppler.

The problem would be that even if we went to a big university in Europe (apart from Ferrara) they would be unable (or unwilling :evil: ) to find any stenosis by using the doppler. Even the people doing MRT SWI get no diagnosis but have to send their MRT's to Dr. Simka, Dr. Schelling or Prof. Haacke.
Sofabed

Re: Anyone been to Stanford who has no CCSVI?

Post by Sofabed »

ciao Ana, grazie a te!
I've read somewhere that in the papers of Prof Zamboni is written what specific kind of doppler machine is used.

Thanks to all! it's warm here! :D
Thanks especially for the links!
I'll write in italian my experience in the "SCHEDA CCSVI" link, I'll write also in english.
It will be from Monday.
nice weekend to all!
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Sofabed, I can't wait to read your story! Thank you!
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Me too Sofabed!!! I can't wait to read your story:) I am 11 days post surgery and would love to know more about long-term results, thanks.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
Ana
Family Member

Post by Ana »

CRHInv wrote:Sofabed, I can't wait to read your story! Thank you!
So do I! :D
Sofabed

Post by Sofabed »

Thanks radeck!

Done! http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8537.html
:-)
I'll try to compile the english version.
thanks and sorry again for going OT in this discussion.