Dr Simka (Poland)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Re: Dr Simka

Postby Ana » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:50 pm

ErikaSlovakia wrote:I am sure they will learn it fast 8O
Erika


Yessss, looks as interesting as polish to me. :lol: Did I tell you I'm trying to learn a bit polish and that the other patients in the waiting room of my doctor look a bit - well, let's say - puzzled when I read in the polish lesson book while waiting? The next time I should bring some slowak books with me.... :wink:
User avatar
Ana
Family Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Advertisement

Dr Simka (Poland)

Postby Edser » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:56 am

Good afternoon :D
Fatima:I only saw your post now,SORRY.Thank's for the information about the area.Did Dr Simka do something for you?If so let me know how your feeling.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna

PS: Slainte Mo Chara is the IRISH for Goodbye My Friend
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Edser
Family Elder
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Co.Cork.Ireland.

Postby Edser » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Best of luck Erika,i hope all goes well.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Edser
Family Elder
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Co.Cork.Ireland.

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:30 pm

How great is this?

Good luck everyone with Dr. Simka!
User avatar
Jamie
Family Elder
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Postby Edser » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Jamie :D
Ya it's brillant news,I hope everything will go smooth for Erika.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Edser
Family Elder
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Co.Cork.Ireland.

Dr Simka (Poland)

Postby Edser » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Does anyone know if my Medical Card (HSE) from Ireland will cover me when when i go to meet Dr Simka 30/11/09
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Edser
Family Elder
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Co.Cork.Ireland.

Re: Dr Simka (Poland)

Postby Fatima » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Edser wrote:Good afternoon :D
Fatima:I only saw your post now,SORRY.Thank's for the information about the area.Did Dr Simka do something for you?If so let me know how your feeling.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna

PS: Slainte Mo Chara is the IRISH for Goodbye My Friend


Hello Edser,

never mind. As I read you are going to have your examination in Katowice. I wish you good luck!!
Dr Simka did something for me. He really found high flow in the deep cervical veins and in the vertebral veins in the supine position.
They may indicate a stenosis in the upper portion of internal jugular vein. But to prove the presence of such a stenosis I should do a MR venography.

That's what I am trying to do now here in Switzerland and I think I was lucky today. I think I found a radiologist. He will do it with Dr Haacke's protocol also. He said he would contact him to ask for details.
That's more than I could imagine.

Thanks for the translation from the Irish.

I was in Eire last year. I loved the Doolin area. As I read Frank McCourts Books, I was also in Limerick ;-)
I love Ireland.

So, then:

Slainte mo Chara.

Fátima
User avatar
Fatima
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Dr Simka (Poland)

Postby Pepe » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:52 am

Fatima wrote:I should do a MR venography. That's what I am trying to do now here in Switzerland and I think I was lucky today. I think I found a radiologist. He will do it with Dr Haacke's protocol also. He said he would contact him to ask for details.


Hi Fatima,

I am a newcomer too. We are going to do the Eco-Doppler with Dr. Simka on 8th December. After doing that, I hope that we will have to do a MRV and I am in confussion about it. I would like to ask anybody to explain it to me.

1.- After doing the Eco-Doppler, do we need a special MRV or a normal one?

2.- Is there a Dr. Haacke's protocol to do the MRV we need?

3.- Are there any special instructions to follow by radiologist to do the MRV we need?

4.- Could anyone recomend us where to do the MRV we need in Europe without having to explain what CCSVI is ...and without having to explain the radiologist what he must do in order to look for we are interested in?

5.- Any suggestions? Please :!:

Thanks in advance.

Pepe
User avatar
Pepe
Family Elder
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Dr Simka (Poland)

Postby NHE » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:24 am

Hi Pepe,

Pepe wrote:1.- After doing the Eco-Doppler, do we need a special MRV or a normal one?

2.- Is there a Dr. Haacke's protocol to do the MRV we need?

3.- Are there any special instructions to follow by radiologist to do the MRV we need?


You may also wish to check with Dr. Michael Dake at Stanford University regarding an appropriate MRV protocol. His contact information is...
    Dr. Michael Dake
    Falk Cardiovascular Research Ctr
    Cardio Thoracic Surgery Department
    300 Pasteur Drive, 2nd floor
    Stanford, CA 94305-5407

    Ph. 650-724-0831


NHE
User avatar
NHE
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 3301
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:00 pm

Re: Dr Simka (Poland)

Postby Fatima » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:32 am

Pepe wrote:
Hi Fatima,

I am a newcomer too. We are going to do the Eco-Doppler with Dr. Simka on 8th December. After doing that, I hope that we will have to do a MRV and I am in confussion about it. I would like to ask anybody to explain it to me.

1.- After doing the Eco-Doppler, do we need a special MRV or a normal one?

2.- Is there a Dr. Haacke's protocol to do the MRV we need?

3.- Are there any special instructions to follow by radiologist to do the MRV we need?

4.- Could anyone recomend us where to do the MRV we need in Europe without having to explain what CCSVI is ...and without having to explain the radiologist what he must do in order to look for we are interested in?

5.- Any suggestions? Please :!:

Thanks in advance.

Pepe


Hi Pepe,

I am just doing the MRV because Dr. Simka could not see any stenosis with the Doppler. He thinks that they are behind the scull. And that is impossible to reach with the Doppler.

Prof Haacke's protocol is on his homepage: http://www.ms-mri.com/index.php if you want to take a look.

In Europe is a bit difficult to find somebody to do the MRV.
If you really want to do the MRV you can ask Dr Simka.

He could maybe make an appointment for you in the clinic in Zabre near Katowice, but he needs to know in advance.
And it will costs you about € 250 - 300.

Just ask him. I am sure he will help.

Fátima
User avatar
Fatima
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Switzerland

Postby Edser » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 pm

http://www.eccdublin.ie/publications/le ... health.pdf
E112 Form
This may help some people out :lol:
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Edser
Family Elder
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Co.Cork.Ireland.

Postby Pepe » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 am

Dear NHE and Fatima,

Thanks for your comments. We decided to do what Fatima said and yesterday I asked Dr. Simka to make an appointment to do the MRV. Today, I received his e-mail confirming it. We are very happy for it.

Once more time: so many thanks to everyboby in this forum.

Pepe.
User avatar
Pepe
Family Elder
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Postby Edser » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:09 am

Hotel booked :D It's the same one as Erika recomended :D
http://www.staypoland.com/en/katowice/h ... html?box=4
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Edser
Family Elder
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Co.Cork.Ireland.

Postby Loobie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:52 am

Good luck Eds!
User avatar
Loobie
Family Elder
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:00 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio USA

Postby Edser » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Loobie wrote:Good luck Eds!

Thank's Loobie :D Ican't wait to go to Poland & i hope Dr Simka & his team can do something for me.
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Edser
Family Elder
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Co.Cork.Ireland.

PreviousNext

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service