I have been accepted by Dr. Haacke !!!!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

I have been accepted by Dr. Haacke !!!!!!!

Post by ozarkcanoer »

About 10 minutes ago I received an email from Dr. Haacke himself !!! He has accepted me into his MS-MRI study in Detroit !!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly control my excitement !!! Of course I immediately emailed his research coordinator to begin all the scheduling and arrangements. My husband and I will drive to Detroit one day, have the imaging done the next, then drive home the next day !!!!! I'll keep you all posted....

YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edser
Family Elder

Post by Edser »

Excellent stuff,i hope it all goes well.
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Thanks Edser....

More info... Dr. Haacke's research coordinator, Paula Morton, just called me. I have to get a blood test to make sure my kidneys are OK, something called a GFR, and have my medical records faxed to Detroit. Then I will have the imaging done within 30 days of the GFR test : that would be in November or maybe December.

We are going to drive to Detroit... a 9 hour drive. I just hope we don't have a snow storm on the way there or the way back. I'm just bursting with excitement !!!!!
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I can't wait to hear what comes of this stuff!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

SO EXCITING!!
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

mrhodes40, I can't wait either. I just drove to my neuro's office to sign the release form to have my medical records copied. The receptionist said a copying company comes to their office to make the copies and it will get done sometime in the next month. Golly it takes a whole month to get my records copied !!!!!! 8O :? 8O :? She couldn't be more specific.... grrrrr !

I also told the nurse that I need the GFR (glomerular filtration rate) blood test for kidney function.

So now I gotta wait... I'm not too good at waiting, LOL.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

OC,

I'd be copying those records myself! I know what you mean about hating to wait.
Sawdoggie
Family Member

Post by Sawdoggie »

A month sounds crazy. I called my neuro's office to get a copy of my records and MRI CD to send to Buffalo and Stanford and had everything before the end of the day. Waiting sucks!
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Ozark -- great news -- I hope Haacke gets all his volunteers.
I signed up to volunteer, but he may not be taking anyone with the stents.

A suggestion on your records for the future - never leave a doctor's office without requesting a copy of the written record. Same thing goes with blood tests, CT's MRI's- always sign the piece of paper which authorizes release to you. You may have to pay a small amount of money for the copies.

Sharon
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

I asked the receptionist if my husband and I could copy the records ourselves and the answer was an emphatic NO. I have an appointment with my neurologist November 12 and I will see if it can be expedited. It is so hard to even see these doctors and get MY OWN records that I paid for. Dr. Haacke's research coordinator wants me to come in November but how can I when I am waiting for records !!!!!!
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Can you ask Dr. Haacke's office to call and have them expedited?

mb
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Will you be able to get results to know if you have stenosis?
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

I have a copy of my last MRI on CD and my husband is making a copy of it right now. I am going to Fedex the CD this afternoon to Detroit.

I don't know if I will get the of the MS-MRI results myself. They did tell me that the imaging is free for me. I think I will get the results because this isn't a blinded study, but I will ask.

As for expediting it, I guess I could ask. Frankly, after being stonewalled at my neruo's office an hour ago I'm not too optimistic. If I don't have the records by the 12th I am going to raise holy heck at my neuro appointment !!!
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Michigan?? Maybe I can have my one year stent check up done up there instead of having to fly to California. It would be awesome to just drive......
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Hey Loobie !!! When we go to Detroit we may take highway 70 to Dayton and then go north toward Lima and then up to Detroit. I grew up in a small town near Lima (called Russels Point). I'll wave to you as we pass Dayton !!!!!!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”