jimmylegs wrote:erika's zinc regimen appears to be working perfectly as is. the 'normal' range in the literature is 11.5-18.5. most ms patients sit in the low end of that range. healthy controls in multiple studies average 18.2 umol/L. erika's 17.9 is great and if her supplementation is keeping her there, that's fabulous. (i'm assuming the units are the same - umol/L - please advise if that is not the case, erika!
however, calcium and magnesium are also needed for d3 absorption. including 1000mg calcium and 500mg magnesium daily, and ensuring good food sources of both, should help. and as i said in our pm chat, make sure you take some of the magnesium with the d3, and some away. magnesium glycinate is a very absorbable form to use (bisglycinate was a bit over the top in my experience). hth!
MarkW wrote:Hello Erika,
I mis-understood your use of 'just in case'. You are taking Zinc to acheive a blood level of 17.9, this is not 'just in case' for me.
I advise you to keep your Vit D3 at 20k IU/day as you add the Calcium and Magnesium. This means you are changing less viables at one time, which is good science. If staying at 20k IU of D3 is too expensive, try 10K instead rather than just 5k.
jimmylegs wrote:that's great erika!!
i would say continue with d3, calcium, magnesium and zinc for sure.
see if you can get the d3 up to 60 ng/ml.
also, i think the units for magnesium are mmol/L yes? ..you still need to get up above 0.90 mmol/L.
jimmylegs wrote:did you get a zinc test at all? or is that result still pending? i remember you were down around 13 before. if it's not up to 18 now, then you might need to try to take more than 25mg zinc per day, or increase intake of zinc rich foods. and minimize gluten and phytates. (those also affect magnesium absorption by the way)
jimmylegs wrote:going forward, i'd say stick with your regimen but see if you can get some more magnesium-rich food into your diet. as for the d3, take 10,000IU vit d3 per day for another couple of weeks and then, if you can, get a re-test. ...
Just wondering what type of anticoagulation therapy you had after your procedure and you do you still take anything?
jimmylegs wrote:what do you think about waiting 3 months now, and then getting another set of tests for d3, cal, and mag. after that, depending on results, you could likely push it up to 6 months before next testing.
what has your doc had to say about these improvements? i hope she is happy!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users