mri after procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

kristab wrote: Erika, I often sleep with 3 or 4 pillows propped up behind me (I'm practically sitting upright)!
Your bed should be tilted whole. It means you should put some piece of wood on the floor under your bed - only under that part where your head is. Actually I have only one very small pillow under my neck. I do not like more because os my neck and whole back.
It is not very correct what you do. Only one part of body is inclined - it is not correct.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
kristab

Post by kristab »

Thank you Erika - I have worried that I may be hurting my back while sleeping with the pillows in that way. I will look into propping up my bed.
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

wow-thanks for all your postings here Kinga, ozark canoer, Blitza and Erica--really helps me to see the connections being drawn.
I was getting very sporadic high blood pressure for a while, and the severe headaches had become part of my life--neither was connected to the MS by professionals--also have many brain lesions, (don't know how many exactly, but was enough for the technician to come into the MRI room while I was getting it done, and shout out if I knew how he could locate right then any previous MRI's done --and boy, did I get the best treatment afterwards from him and the staff--I clearly knew there was a big problem).--and no spinal lesions.
And I too operate pretty well as far as mobility--just have a bit of leg trouble when really physically tired, or have eaten stuff I'm allergic to (lots!)--my problems are visual (had severe bout of optic neuritis years ago, lost the vision totally in one eye for a few weeks as well as severe pain), and have continued with eye probs, brain fog can get very severe,
and chronic really debilitating fatigue.
Sounds like we are another sub-set of MS.

I'm particularly intrigued by the exclusivity of the lesions to just the brain--don't know enough to know if this is common, or if we are indeed unusual.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

shye... It is nice to know I am not alone with this Chinese Water Torture headache/fatigue/double vision thing. Add in crankiness and depression and you have a potent stew, LOL. My husband is just starting to track my blood pressure when I have a headache and when I don't. I am usually good in the mornings. But by late afternoon me and my headache are old pals again. I take Fioricet for my headaches but then they just become dull headaches. I'll see after a few days if there is any relation.

How did a thread about MRI's after the procedure morph into this, LOL ??

I am thinking about radek who posted on this thread before the terrible outcome of his procedure and hope he is doing better.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”