Eye doctors and CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Needled
Family Elder

Eye doctors and CCSVI

Post by Needled »

Hi all, I have my annual eye exam next week. Just a regular checkup. Thankfully I've never had ON or any eye other issues, other than being near sighted. Earlier this year I dropped off Dr. Z's December 2008 paper and the Charring Cross paper to my eye doctor. Next week I'll bring him up to date with Dr. Dake, the September conference, Dr. Haacke's website and the Jacobs study.
My question is -- is there anything in particular that he should know about? He's a very interested doctor and likes to keep current on new ideas. I'm just wondering if there's anything I should bring to his attention that would be of particular interest to him as an eye doctor. Thanks.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Not CCSVI specific. I can not remember it's name right now (OCT maybe...yeah), but there is that optical test where they measure the thickness of your retina. I think it was shown to have some correlation with MRI results (ie "disease progression"), but a lot quicker and simpler. I had one done, and it really is MUCH simpler than MRI.

I also have never had ON, and actually have very good eye sight (no glasses), but the test did show some thinning areas in my retina.
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Hi Cure, Thanks for the response. I'll ask about that test. I think he might do it already. About 4 years ago he went digital, and he takes pictures of my retina so he can look and compare them side by side each year. So far, so good. No changes. I'll let you know what he says next week.