Going to Poland!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Brainteaser wrote: I think he's more a man of action ....

Phil
This is very, very correct :!:
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Family Member

Post by Guest »

Brainteaser wrote:One quick point regarding English being spoken in Poland - it is not widely spoken except the doctors have a reasonable grasp of the language but few others do, whereas in BC I'm sure there is more instant comprehension of the language by others such as yourself given it is nationally spoken.
Tell me something I don't know. 8O We are talking about Dr. Simka and his English is excellent. Your point is...???
You seem the type, I don't see how Dr Simka could ignore you!I'm surprised you aren't camping on his doorstep already. :wink:

Your comment is uncalled for. You definitely didn't make any friends today. :roll: :roll: :roll: Enough said.
Family Member

Post by Guest »

Johnson.

Thank you for sharing your "Dr. Simka" experience with us.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Hey Guest, You might have to get used to the Australian and UK sense of humour:) We say stuff in a tongue and cheek kinda way! Phil's comment was a playful comment:)

Also even though Dr Simka speaks English not many others in Poland speak English. It is also a very hard language to improvise with. In countries like France/Spain and German I can kind of get by and make myself understood and understand what others are saying, I found I couldn't understand anything in Polish!!
Family Member

Post by Guest »

Brainteaser wrote:One quick point regarding English being spoken in Poland - it is not widely spoken except the doctors have a reasonable grasp of the language but few others do, whereas in BC I'm sure there is more instant comprehension of the language by others such as yourself given it is nationally spoken.
I don’t see how your geology lesson is related to Dr. Simka’s already excellent English. I do not plan to see “others” (general population) in Poland. Any half decent human being would NOT expect English being widely spoken in Poland. Are we on the same page with my comment “tell me something I don’t know”???

I’ve lived in Europe for three decades. I criss-crossed it several times. Including Poland. I do not want to come across as a smart a$$ but if you really want to learn more languages, you can. I speak three languages fluently. I’m quite comfortable with two additional ones. Did I live in five countries? No! Can you see where I’m coming from?

Maybe I'm not the only one who needs to learn how to read between the lines.

I still don't find your comment to Johnson amusing. Maybe it's a guy thing. I'm willing to turn a blind eye.
Family Member

Post by Guest »

LR1234 wrote:Also even though Dr Simka speaks English not many others in Poland speak English. It is also a very hard language to improvise with. In countries like France/Spain and German I can kind of get by and make myself understood and understand what others are saying, I found I couldn't understand anything in Polish!!
I agree. Slavic languages are one of the toughest to learn. When I plan to visit a foreign country, I always take my dictionary with me. It has been proven to be a good idea.

Also nice to see how you two buddies are sticking up for each other. What a high school deja vu.

I’m not willing to contribute any more of my valuable time into this discussion.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Alica, I don't know if it is necessarily a "guy thing". Perhaps... I kind of got it, but recognized cultural differences. I do appreciate your intent, and thank you.

It's funny, because writing in my proto-European style, I managed to offend Phil at one time, but he seems to have since understood my perspective, and lexicon.

I do think that we are all in the same boat, rowing to the same destination. I recognize my own troubles in understanding nuance, etc., here. I just put my own mis-perceptions down to brain fog.

I'm sure that Phil, and Lyon meant no offense.

I also hope that you have a successful contact with Dr. Simka early in the New Year.

All the best,

I remain anonymous.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I thought I would add a female perspective. I read the emails, and I don't actually see anything to be upset about, Alicia. Save your anger for Bob; he's bound to say something upsetting sooner than later.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

No we don't.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”