I'm "new" here too. I am so excited about CCSVI. I have been telling everyone about it. I have sent all my paperwork to Dr. Dake, just waiting to hear back from him. My mom wants to have all of her 7 children tested for CCSVI, when it becomes more available, because she has 2 daughters and a sister with MS and two other daughters who are starting to show possible signs of MS. I was just diagnosed in June 2009 and my sister a couple months later.
I am healthymama because I have chosen not to take any MS drugs. I still want to have more children and pretty soon, so I have been doing the Best Bet Diet and eating lots of raw food, and I have seen great improvements in my energy, brain fog and mood, not to mention losing a needed 55 lbs so far. But I also feel that I am not completely healed, fixed, or cured, whatever you want to call it. CCSVI make so much sense to me.
So that leads me to my first question. Do you think I might be rejected by Dr. Dake because I still want to have more children? Would the stents effect me in any way, particularly in labor? I am willing to wait to get pregnant as long as needed because I feel so strongly about stopping the progression, but also feel a huge part of me would be taken away if I was told I could not have more children, but I also know I need to be healthy for those children.
My next question is: How long does it usually take to hear back from Dr. Dake? I would fly out there tomorrow if he could fit me in.
I'm sure all of us feel that way.
I have loved reading all of your stories and advise on this forum so far. I hope I can add my story to this group in the near future. Thank you!