Who are the BIG names in CCSVI ?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
zjac020
Family Elder

Re: Who are the BIG names in CCSVI ?

Post by zjac020 »

MarcF...we look for objective opinions here, not people who like yourself admit that are subjective as they are on the payroll. I asked about stents before travelling in emails, and they confirmed that once treated all veins would remain open etc etc. Had they replied "we will treat all your veins and leave them open, but we do not use stents", I would have had more information to objectively have decided whether to visit a polish clinic that uses stents, or visit the brain flow team.

"Angioplasty is safer and repeatable"..that also means its a great revenue generator. Im looking for something durable, not necessarily repeatable. Where is the evidence that stents are dangerous. Every neurologists also states that angioplasty is dangerous and not a waste of time, I think most people here either go by scientific or at least anecdotable evidence from trusted members here.

With soo many thousands of happily treated patients, I dont quite understand why you are the only one to talk about the them on this forum. Im not saying they arent profesional, or that angioplasty isnt better, im saying they deliberately avoided informing me that stents werent used until the moment i was there and had already paid for the travel costs, accomodations costs and the operation. Its that simple. When we are dealing with private operations and private clinics we are talking about business, not social security protocols. And with regards to business, that isn't how you do business. They could have, and should have been more transparent. full stop.

Thanks,
zjac
MarcF

Post by MarcF »

Dear Zjac

if I'm the only one talking about the team Brain flow in this forum why did you go there to be treated? Every knows that Dr Lupattelli is very closed to Zamboni and he was one of his fellows in Ferrara. Zamboni stated several times that stents should not be used in jugular veins. Dr Lupattelli has performed more than 2500 PTA in patients with CCSVI and he is the most experienced doctor in this field. For this reason you decided to go to Rome.
Did you ask them to be on the payroll..and they refused ???
MikiMar

Post by MikiMar »

I was treated in Rome by Team Brain Flow and doctor Lupattelli.
They are very prepared and professional.
Their clinic is clean and technological. Even thought is well known that results are variable after PTA I put many hopes in this intervention.
I know that I have been lucky but I'm incredibly happy with the results.

I wish to thank Doctor Lupattelli and the whole Brain flow Team
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

"Clean and technological"? What do you expect for 5.000euros in Italy. ..a country whose average salary is at about 1200e a month? Did you expect to walk into a clinic without hygienic measures? They've operated over 2000 people, at 5000€ each...well you can do the maths....