Round 2 for skydog at Stanford

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

What fabulous news! I am so happy for you. Take care and enjoy the new you. :)
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
kinga
Family Member

Post by kinga »

wonderfull news Mark!
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Thank you everyone for your love. This brings tears of joy to our eyes. Love Ya Back! Mark and Brenda
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
jay123
Family Elder

Please take a look..

Post by jay123 »

Could you take a look at my questions about being 'tanked up' and let me know when you get a chance? I am waiting for a scheduled date and want to make sure everything is right!
Thanks
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Marie, For some reason my headache was less two weeks prior to the last visit but still there. Yes the headache is completely gone now and that includes the twinges of pain I was feeling above my ears in the temple area. My wife says that the veins that were so pronounced have also diminished. Jay123, Dr. Dake made the comment ( tanked up ) to explain that my fluid levels were up and blood flowing at max. I know it is kind of misleading but how else could one explain it? As I said it was my intent to be in the best possible shape for the procedure. I was exercising, eating right, and staying pumped up right up to the point of testing. Much is still not known how the venous system works. My feeling is that it is allot more active than we think. Valves, Muscle, Blood consistency, and nerve impulses regulating the system all play a part. Cheers, Mark
radeck
Family Elder

Post by radeck »

redundant
Last edited by radeck on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Mark! How are you doing?
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Busy as a cat in a bird factory! Feeling good too! Will update soon gota run.... Mark
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Man I saw the topic had been updated by you and held my breath until I opened it. Glad to hear you're doing well; me too :D

Take care man,
Lew
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Its been four weeks since my last procedure and I am feeling great! First off I must say that I am thrilled to see so many new people here. The energy they bring is outstanding. Not only has the CCSVI received more attention but all other topics as well are gaining fresh insight from all that have joined us here. Thank you! For those that think they missed the CCSVI boat. Be patient the best is yet to come. I feel honored to have been in on the groundbreaking of CCSVI. To be quite honest it has not been as easy as it seems as you know from following my journey. Without the pioneers there is no way that future clinical trials could begin without huge pitfalls. Lets hope lessons learned will bring smooth sailing for those treated in the future. For now please stay as positive and healthy as you can be. So here is my update. Most all of the former symptoms have lessened to some degree. The thing I wish most for is the ability to beat the heavy left leg and drop foot issue. It would seem that there is no improvement there yet. Actually it seems a little worse. I guess that I was hoping for a repeat too my original point post first surgery. My feeling is that during the 16 plus weeks in which I was defiantly suffering from decreased drainage that more added brain iron is to blame. I finally got the INR up and beyond the therapeutic level. My last INR was 4.21 and PT 39 so I will be backing off a bit on the blood thinners. My diet definitely was effecting my ability to get within range the first time around. Too much green! and high vita K foods. I can hardly wait to get back to gardening next spring and my healthy green smoothies once off the blood thinners of coarse. All is well and couldn't feel better. My energy level is up so Brenda has had to keep me on the short leash. No appreciable pain just the occasional twinge in both the upper and lower stent areas. The right side has been virtually pain free now for two weeks. One thing I have noticed is that the twinges of pain seem to be accompanied with what feels like a muscle contraction around the stent area on the left side. I am sure this will pass in time. Now for the best news. My heat intolerance is definitely better, fatigue way less, bladder control somewhat better, headaches a thing of the past, head feels clear, ringing in the ears back to my norm. Just plain feels right this time around! The biggest limiting factor is muscle spasticity. With PT I am recovering some mobility. Just going to take some time and honest effort. I have been sleeping well and feel quite refreshed in the mornings. Peace and Health to All, Mark
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

That is all great news, Skydog. I am glad you report on the bad as well as the good. It keeps things in perspective. We are always waiting for those of you that have had the procedure to tell about your progress.

ozarkcanoer
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Mark -
It is wonderful to read about your improvements; especially since the first go around was not the best for you. Keep up with the PT -- we have so many muscles that have not been functioning for a long time and they need to be stimulated. (of course you already know that)
Take care and maybe Brenda should keep you on that short leash for awhile longer :roll:

Sharon
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Dude....Awesome news. Give that foot drop some time. I've been feeling good for a bit, but my leg strength and some spasticity are still around that's for sure. It's just the energy, and the sleeping, and pooping.. :lol: . It all is a bit better. Now it's the bladder's turn. Good to hear man!
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Loobie poopie better? I don't think I'd read that yet, that's awesome. I hope I poopie better soon, too.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”