Question only for ladies!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Question only for ladies!

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Couple of women asked me how to manage our every month little problem during the procedure and the night after.

I have not been thinking about that as I and my gynecologist stopped the problem last May.
Since I was 12 every month first 3-4 days were just nightmare. I had extremely strong pain. My Ms alwas got worse during these days. It was better again after one week.
So I get now every 12 weeks injection of Depo-provera and I take 2x a day 10 mg of Duphaston. So I do not have it anymore. If I stop the medication it starts again.
Some women are scared to have it during the procedure as they also know I was not allowed to stand up from the bed for 13 hours.
You can PM me of course.
Thank you very much in advance for some good tips.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Yes I have planned it so it won't happen near the procedure. I am like you, I get terrible pain and have another condition called endometriosis.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

LR1234 wrote:Yes I have planned it so it won't happen near the procedure. I am like you, I get terrible pain and have another condition called endometriosis.
Well, some ladies would like to plan as well, but they do not have it regularly, moreover when they are under stress it is sudenlly here.
So that is exactly the problem.

My doctors believed I was having endometriosis but they could not find it.
I just have little benign tumors there. Well, one is 4,5 cm I do not know if it is small or big but we live together in peace :D
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

Hi Erika,
might be interesting to start a post re: have you had super bad periods for the most part? This is not to my knowledge anything the doctor's are questioning us about, and I wonder if it might be an aspect of MS that should be explored. I'm one of those who had super-bad periods.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

I am post-menopausal, but when I did have periods they were terrible !! Could there be any connection ? It seems far-fetched, LOL. But I can really see what a problem it would be for someone during and after any kind of surgery. I guess I never thought about it before.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

shye wrote:Hi Erika,
might be interesting to start a post re: have you had super bad periods for the most part? This is not to my knowledge anything the doctor's are questioning us about, and I wonder if it might be an aspect of MS that should be explored. I'm one of those who had super-bad periods.
I had SUPER, SUPER painful periods sine I was 12.
I do not knoe if it has something to do with MS.
I swear my MS wa alwas getting worse for couple of days every month.
So it was every-month-nightmare for 24 years.
Doctors just could not help me. Then I was pushing on them so hard that they gave me these injections (anti-baby) and the pills for hormones I am missing anyway and I do not have it.
Of course as soon as I stop I should have it again.

Erika