Jeff's Wonderful Music

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Montana
Family Member

Jeff's Wonderful Music

Post by Montana »

I watched A Dog Named Christmas tonight. Jeff's music was lovely and so perfectly tuned with the moods and action in the film. I'm sure he has always been a fine composer, but I'm especially touched tonight knowing that the "Liberation" treatment may enable him to do even more both professionally and for his family in the future.

My hope for each of us with MS is that we will be able to unleash the creativity and unfulfilled dreams that have been locked away unexpressed because we have lacked the energy or physical mobility to accomplish them.

My dreams are to finish my book and find an agent, hike up a mountain to a remote fire tower again, and travel south of the equator to help nurture children in orphanages. What are yours? Dare we all dream of what we can do to make the world a better place...without MS.
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

I too watched the program and enjoyed the music and the story. Please keep the music coming Jeff!
Lora
And Montana, I hope you can fulfull your dreams in the days to come! Just don't pick the summit of Trapper Peak as your goal just yet, lol.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Yes, :D , the story was great and the music was awesome !!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Thanks for listening, gals! I'll pass on the good wishes. I truly hope you can realize your goals, Montana. Jeff put his performing and recording career aside (even before we knew "it" was MS) and he's been so blessed to have found a career where he can work at home, take meetings on the computer and write his music. I think his goals for CCSVI treatment are in reach...he would like to continue to do what he loves and be present with his family. Any continued improvement in his energy levels and pain levels would be a blessing indeed!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

Jeff!
We watched A Dog Named Christmas and were SO proud to see your name in the opening credits and say We Know Him!!!
We listened to all the music with great awareness and appreciation.
It was beautiful. You did a wonderful job.
Congratulations.
Thank You, Rose
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

I watched it too with an ear for the music and how it fit the mood so well. Jeff is so talented. I liked the story too, especially since I'm involved in lab rescue, and have a yellow girl that looks just like Christmas!
julu
Getting to Know You...

Post by julu »

It was my birthday yesterday, so I told my family that all I wanted as a gift was for them to sit and watch a movie with me last night. During the opening scenes, my 15-year-old son was groaning about having to watch a "chick flick", but he soon was engrossed in the story. He commented at the end that "that was a really good movie" - coming from a 15-year-old, that's the ultimate compliment!

I told my family about Jeff's story, and we all were aware of the beautiful background music throughout the movie. What an amazing thing, the way music can convey emotion and add color. VERY WELL DONE, Jeff!
RRMS diagnosed 8/09; Copaxone 9/09; Copaxone + estriol study at University of Minnesota 10/09<br />
Jeff_wMS
Getting to Know You...

Post by Jeff_wMS »

Hey thanks all! I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Hallmark makes nice stuff and I've been lucky enough to usually do about one project a year for them. My Dad is a real dog lover - he organized the complete moving/rebuilding of a dog park in Nevada County CA, so this one was for him! Love the story about your 15 year old. Our son Henry had a similar 'this is silly' and then later got caught up in it too. Even jumped out of his chair once exclaiming, hey, I'm getting emotional here..ha!

Something very comforting about out pet's when living with MS - they don't ask anything of us, other than be quiet and 'be' with them. I always find that time with our dog very relaxing and therapeutic.

I'm caught up in the year end deadline insanity, but Joan has kept me abreast on the going's on here- wishing you all well.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Well, I didn't watch it, because I'm in France. So, I was a bit bummed about that, because I love watching Hallmark movies...always good for pulling on the old heart strings.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Wife and I watched it tonight on the DVR, Hallmark of course always puts out great 3 hanky stuff for the holidays, (Christmas Shoes was Lifetime though not Hallmark but still got me!) and having a cousin with Downs syndrome, one can identify the purity and the innocence that stays with them as they grow up. She's nigh unto 35 now and is the same person I knew as a child!
I always have an ear for the violin since I play and also liked the "tinkly" piano parts too, for lack of a better description, very light and crisp. Dumb question: Is any part of that music synthesized on the computer or is it an actual orchestra performing the piece or mix of the two? I already stipulated to the dumb question part... Mark.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap