There's something going on in Italy: Zamboni blocked

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Inge67
Family Member

There's something going on in Italy: Zamboni blocked

Post by Inge67 »

Hi all,

On our Dutch forum, someone posted a mesage from an Italian MS forum, about Zamboni being very frustrated because eveyone is blocking his research.

Because my Italian is very bad (it only can buy food in restaurants :D ), I am looking for help. Can someone translate and understand what's going on?

This is the information I could gather:

Taken form the italian MS forum:http://www.ideamultipla.it/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9828

il prof. zamboni stamattina è stato qui a cremona, c/o
una clinica convenzionata, x tenere una conferenza tra
SOLI doc e prof.

incalzato da una dr.ssa con sm, al corrente di tutto,
con visita da salvi e flebografia fatte, e lì presente x
lavoro, ha risposto amareggiato ke E' TUTTO
BLOCCATO, PURTROPPO NON POSSONO MUOVERSI,
INTERVENIRE, PROSEGUIRE CON LO STUDIO E AGIRE!
a suo dire, purtroppo LA SOLA POSSIBILITA' PER
SMUOVERE E SBLOCCARE QUESTA ASSURDA
SITUAZIONE DI OSTRUZIONISMO, TUTTA ITALIANA,
E' CHE I MALATI DI SM, GLI UNICI CHE PER 'DIRITTO'
DEVONO ESSERE ASCOLTATI, SI ATTIVINO PRESSO I
PROPRI CENTRI DI CURA. SUGGERISCE DI INONDARE
DI MAIL E LETTERE I MASS MEDIA, GIORNALI, TV, SITI
WEB, OSPEDALI E TUTTI I COMITATI ETICI, presenti nei
centri di ricerca e ospedali italiani.

Rough translation:
Prof. Zamboni came this morning to Cremona, for a conference with doctors and professors. To a female doctor who has MS and who is well informed (visited Dr. Salvi, done flebography etc), Zamboni bitterly spoke that EVERYTHING IS BLOCKED, they have no where to go.

The only way out is that patients become active themselves, aproaching their own doctors. hospitals etc. He request to continously mail, approach media etc. Also approach the Ethical commission.

The Ethical commission is an independent organisation which is responsible for the public guarantee of safety and well being of persons joining a medical experiment. They oust their ethical and scientific opinion before a study where people are involved, can proceed.

There were some links:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CCSVI-nel ... 9997017782

The italian MS forum is calling everyone to send a petition to the European parliament. They specifically ask not to e-mail, but to collect signatures/hardcopy and send it in by mail.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CCSVI-nel ... 9997017782

This sounds serious. Can someone please help to make understand what's going on? In The Netherlands, we are thinking of collecting signatures, but it would be great if the US (and canada!) would also join in.

But before we start, I would very much like to understand the problem fully.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Inge
Boreas
Family Member

Post by Boreas »

Hell, this sounds spooky! Does anyone have more info on that? What about CTV? They have a big responsibility to follow up their megastory!
Camilla
Family Member

Post by Camilla »

Well, my Italian is about the same as Inge's -- but basically he seems to be complaining about being totally blocked.
Doesn't say by whom -- or what's up. More details would be great!

Camilla
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

Don't sound so surprised. This is an inevitable reaction. Large numbers of people in lucrative jobs are concerned about becoming obsolite. More people raising concerns about safety may not be a totally negative response either.

Anything new faces an uphill struggle.

His credibility will be thrown into question soon and some very personal attacks will be launched.

Look what happend to John Lennon, Matin Luthor King, John Kennedy, Rudolf Diesel,

Anyone that dares to rock the boat is going to cause a ripple or two.

Andrew
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

I would take it as a good news ...

The fact that people are trying to block his work itself shows how fearful they are of the outcome. And they dont have any credible way to argument against him. If this was really a quack not many would even bother to comment since they would know that eventually he would be proved wrong ...
sou
Family Elder

Post by sou »

Isn't this an indirect admission that his theory is correct?
Boreas
Family Member

Post by Boreas »

Does maybe this video explain more about the situation? My Italian is so poor that I don't really understand her. I think I understand that she's talking about problems Zamboni has and that she's asking for help. Anybody here who speaks Italian and who could give us a brief summary?

Shannon
Family Elder

Post by Shannon »

I will totally support someone like cheerleader (Joan) to collect addresses, including mine, and starting some sort of chain letter to collect all of our signatures in hard copy. She could give each of us one address to send it on to, which would be the next person on the list. The name of the person could remain anonymous to us, if it would make everyone more comfortable with giving their addresses. Bring it on!
MSUK
Family Elder

Post by MSUK »

Hi all,

Am currently trying to get some assitance on translating these stories/videos etc, will get back to you if/when I get some news.

All very worrying, if confirmed!

squiffs
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

Is this in reaction to the missing Journal of Vascular Surgery article?
TFau
Family Elder

Post by TFau »

Oh my gosh, what could be going on? The last two weeks have certainly been out of the ordinary!
Inge67
Family Member

Post by Inge67 »

Shannon wrote:I will totally support someone like cheerleader (Joan) to collect addresses, including mine, and starting some sort of chain letter to collect all of our signatures in hard copy. She could give each of us one address to send it on to, which would be the next person on the list. The name of the person could remain anonymous to us, if it would make everyone more comfortable with giving their addresses. Bring it on!
Great idea, but wouldn't it be easier to open a mailbox adress so everyone could send their collected signatures there? Then it van be send in one bulk to europe.

I do not know what it costs to rent à box for 1 month. I am going to find out for The Netherlands. But that seems to be the simplest wat to organize this. With à standard form for everyone to download and to get signed.

What do you think?

The only thing is that I neef to know for sure what it is I am asking people to sign for.

Inge
Boreas
Family Member

Post by Boreas »

Yeah, but let's wait till we know what's going on
Inge67
Family Member

Post by Inge67 »

Boreas wrote:Yeah, but let's wait till we know what's going on
I totally agree. That is why I started this post. Need much more info before climbing the barricades!
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

Here's the same woman speaking in English:

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”