How many are of Celtic background?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
sewwhat
Family Member

Post by sewwhat »

Both parents irish from N Ireland.
Gonna up my fish oil dosage :)
stilltalking

Post by stilltalking »

Hi Dovehchick,

I am on the hunt for a better map. Sorry, I must have missed your posting of that map. My bad. :)

I found an interesting article on the Geography of MS. I thought I would post it here:

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/facts.html

Ade
stilltalking

Post by stilltalking »

Hi,

I think I found a better map and information.

Very interesting read.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... ageid=2325

Be well,
Ade
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

I even had to unplug my computer and take it over to my husband to show him. Interesting information!!! Thanks.
Lora
Dovechick
Family Elder

Trouble with maps

Post by Dovechick »

The trouble with these maps is that they are all slightly different because their criteria is different. Here is another one which suggests that MS is partly the result of infections spread by birds. As they say there are lies, damned lies and stastics.... This is a very long URL not sure if it will pass through the spam filter.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... -AaS_s3RDw
Michele,  warrior4MS, mother and champion for Ella, the MSer. The solution is out there we just have to ask the right questions.
DippyD
Getting to Know You...

Post by DippyD »

Nees wrote:My mum is Irish, from Roscommon in the west of Ireland. Her cousin had MS and my brother has it too.
Yep!!.. I can add with the Irish factor.. But, Oh Blimey! narrowing down even further - my Grandad's parents were from Roscommon!! Hey Nees! We could be related...!.. :wink:
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

If you look at the maps, it is easy to correlate the areas of prevelance with lack of Vitamin D--and that theory has gained much credence with the fantastic knowledge we've only recently gotten on Vitamin D.

But those same map areas of prevalence led to the earlier theory that it was saturated fat that was the problem (ie, Swank Diet), because those areas ate the most saturated fat.

So, who knows what next theory is--too many Big Macs?? :roll:
Begonia

Post by Begonia »

My great grandparents came to New Orleans during the famine. They were from County CLare - just steps from the Cliffs of Moher.

My mother and aunt had Parkinson's Disease which has been linked to mineral deposits in the brain.

Now, my lovely daughter, has just been diagnosed with MS at age 29.

Incidentally, I recently went to the doctor for a checkup. He found my body depleted entirely of Vitamin D......Now am taking 50,000 units weekly......

p.s. I went to Ireland summer before last. I felt like I was home! My dream is to retire there.
Dovechick
Family Elder

Post by Dovechick »

shye wrote: But those same map areas of prevalence led to the earlier theory that it was saturated fat that was the problem (ie, Swank Diet), because those areas ate the most saturated fat.
These theories always seem to get tangled up in alternative explanations. MS is still a conandrum, the CCSVI explanation is one that allows for a number of factors to be involved which is much more likely to be closer to the truth than a single simple explanation. (Genetics, infection, diet, sunlight)
Cholesterol may well have a part to play in the puzzle, but cholesterol is not all bad. The people of the north pole area of the world used to eat high cholesterol diet, which supplied them with the vitamin D they could not get from the sun. MS was practically unheard of in that latitude.
Michele,  warrior4MS, mother and champion for Ella, the MSer. The solution is out there we just have to ask the right questions.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

My father is 100% Irish blood (He is "Black Irish"). Both of my paternal grandparents had venous insufficiency in their legs, and the concommitant venous ulcers - known to have high iron depositions (I am starting to get that too - at 48). My maternal grandfather was English - derived from Belgium, and likely of Celtic ancestry (red hair and fair skin) - in fact, I have tentatively traced that line back to the Assyrians (who were red-headed). My maternal grandmother's family was in England since before 1066 (her family is one of 12 traceable to the Domesday Book.)

Interesting reading is found if you look up Michael Tsarion (vids on Youtube too). He purports that the Celts/Druids went to Egypt (from Ireland) after the Atlantis thing, and came back through Europe to Ireland later.

Interestingly, Egypt has a slightly higher proportion (per capita) than Canada. http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/m/multipl ... ountry.htm Even stranger, Guatemala has an almost even rate of incidence with Canada. There are some that say the Mayans also had a Celtic/Druidic influence...

This is becoming tangential, and potentially controversial, but it is interesting none-the-less.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”