What cost in Poland??

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
danegirl
Family Member

What cost in Poland??

Post by danegirl »

I whish someone could give some nearby figures to what the liberation treatment costs in Poland at Dr. Simka?? For ballooning? For stents?? For pre excamination (doppler)?? Entire procedure?? On both sides of jugular? Aftercare?? All expenses?

Lisa - planning to go if I can find the money.
Ana
Family Member

Post by Ana »

Hello Lisa,

the procedure costs about 3000 Euros, depending on the number of stents. Dr. Simka did my doppler examination for free as part of his studies. I think you have to pay for it since November but I think it is quite cheap, something about 50 Euros. A mrt costs in Poland 300-400 Euros (Dr. Simka needs one before he does the procedure).

Ana
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Re: What cost in Poland??

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

danegirl wrote:I whish someone could give some nearby figures to what the liberation treatment costs in Poland at Dr. Simka?? For ballooning? For stents?? For pre excamination (doppler)?? Entire procedure?? On both sides of jugular? Aftercare?? All expenses?

Lisa - planning to go if I can find the money.
I do not know the price for ballooning, but one stent is at least 2.000 Euro,
2 stents 3.000 Euro,
Clexane is about 150 Euro - but it depends on mg.
People after me can tell you more exactly, perhaps...
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
danegirl
Family Member

Post by danegirl »

Tank you Ana and Erika.

How many stents are usually needed? 1 stent 2000 €, 2 stents 3000 € 3 stents = ? Is that for each side of jugular, or for both sides?

What is Clexane ? I do not take any MS-drugs at all.

Lisa
Ana
Family Member

Post by Ana »

Hi,

as far as I realized most people need one or two stents though there are people with more stents or only balloning.

Clexane is a blood thinner like Marcumar which you have to take for some time after the procedure.

If you understand some German (I know a lot of Danish do) this might be interesting for you, especially the forum with a lot of information about CCSVI in Europe: http://csvi-ms.net/ and http://csvi-ms.net/forum/ . There is also an English section.

Ana
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

danegirl wrote:Tank you Ana and Erika.

How many stents are usually needed? 1 stent 2000 €, 2 stents 3000 € 3 stents = ? Is that for each side of jugular, or for both sides?

What is Clexane ? I do not take any MS-drugs at all.

Lisa
Hi Lisa!
I know it is justt too many information for you.
Clexane is not any MS drug - you can find my practical information about it here: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8682-clexane.html
Use also the SEARCH button on a top to find what you are looking for.
You can also type the word Clexane into google, you will for sure find many information.
Read more posts here, you will understand it is not possible at all to say how many stents people usually need.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
danegirl
Family Member

Post by danegirl »

Thank you both, again, and yes, I also speak german. I will check out the forums now!

Lisa
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

Do you guys know if they accept Canadians as well. At 3000 euros that's way cheaper than the US. If so how can I contact them in Poland & do they speak english.

Thanks Glenn
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

I am from Canada, and have just contacted Dr. Simka last night (by e-mail). I check my mail every half-hour, or so, but no reply yet. Frankly, I do not expect a quick response, as I'm sure that all the doctors are receiving thousands of contacts. I will post here when and if I hear from him.

I am a little worried that I might have said too much in my e-mail regarding balloon angioplasty over stenting - as a temporary relief until the science catches up. I hope that this did not seem disparaging in any way. I also translated my English to Polish with Google translator, and have no idea how the translation went. I did enclose the English too, as I know that Dr. Simka does speak (and very likely, reads and writes) English.

I wonder too, from those like Erika, who have had the procedure, how many times (in general) have you needed to return for check-ups, or follow-ups, and over what period of time - i.e. - a week? a month? longer? I wonder, because flying back and forth from Canada could get very expensive. Ought I to think that I might need to stay in Europe for a month or more?

Thank you in advance for any information.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

81Charger wrote:Do you guys know if they accept Canadians as well. At 3000 euros that's way cheaper than the US. If so how can I contact them in Poland & do they speak english.

Thanks Glenn
Why should not the accept Canadians 8O :!: :?:
Just make sure you have at least one jugular :D :D :D
All doctors speak English, when I was there nurses only spoke Polish, but as my language is very similar it was OK for me - no problem.

Erika
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Johnson wrote:I know that Dr. Simka does speak (and very likely, reads and writes) English.

I wonder too, from those like Erika, who have had the procedure, how many times (in general) have you needed to return for check-ups, or follow-ups, and over what period of time - i.e. - a week? a month? longer? I wonder, because flying back and forth from Canada could get very expensive. Ought I to think that I might need to stay in Europe for a month or more?

Thank you in advance for any information.
Dr. Simka an also other doctors speak, read and write in English very good. Do not worry.
I had my procedure on November the 3rd. I should come for check up in January 2010 still do not have exact day. I think we will talk about this at the beginning of January with Dr. Simka.
Maybe he has another plan for you from Canada and Australia like Phil.
Maybe Phil knows more.
Dr. Ludyga has a friend here - may be he can do the chek-ups later. Maybe I do nt need any.
Erika
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Thank you Erika, and Phil, for your responses.

I don't worry so much about language, as I learn them very easily. I speak Spanish, Portuguese, French, a little Arabic, a little Japanese, and I can swear in Russian (grin). My wife has a Polish friend who can give me a crash course if I have the opportunity to go. I had also thought of hiring an English speaking Polish student, or someone like that, if I needed any interpretation.

I wouldn't mind if I had to go back once from Canada, but it would start to be expensive for flights if I had to go frequently. That would be especially onerous for you, Phil - a very long flight.

I look forward to reading more of your experience, Phil. I hope that you told the good Doctor that we Canadians are not too obnoxious... and, I will take him a litre of our best maple syrup.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Johnson wrote: I will take him a litre of our best maple syrup.
That is good idea!
Erika