The study of Sardinian children, is there a paper ?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

The study of Sardinian children, is there a paper ?

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Hi,

Is there a Zamboni paper online about the study of the Sardinian children ?

---------------------------------------

Dr. Zamboni studied Sardinian children who had jugular venous malformations (“So-Called Primary Venous Aneurysms” pub.1990) 20 years later, 90% of this group had CDMS. MS takes many years to develop. Just as Budd Chiari (a venous disease of the liver) is diagnosed in young adults. Shall we wait another 20 years?
danegirl
Family Member

Post by danegirl »

I know what RRMS and SPMS and PPMS are, but what is CDMS???? All those shorts make it hard to be a foreigner!
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

CDMS is Clinically Defined Multiple Sclerosis. It includes all the other terms : RRMS, SPMS, PPMS etc etc.
danegirl
Family Member

Post by danegirl »

Thank you!
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

ozarkcanoer wrote:CDMS is Clinically Defined Multiple Sclerosis. It includes all the other terms : RRMS, SPMS, PPMS etc etc.
To be precise, CDMS is "clinically DEFINITE multiple sclerosis". It is the higher level of requirements for MS diagnosis according to the Poser Criteria (a battery of tests used to diagnosize MS).

Newer criteria as McDonalds recomend AGAINST Poser clasification. But anyway is still on widespread use, specially for RRMS (PPMS patients normally do not achieve the CDMS status using Poser criteria)
mbowersox

Re: The study of Sardinian children, is there a paper ?

Post by mbowersox »

ozarkcanoer wrote:Hi,

Is there a Zamboni paper online about the study of the Sardinian children ?

---------------------------------------

Dr. Zamboni studied Sardinian children who had jugular venous malformations (“So-Called Primary Venous Aneurysms” pub.1990) 20 years later, 90% of this group had CDMS. MS takes many years to develop. Just as Budd Chiari (a venous disease of the liver) is diagnosed in young adults. Shall we wait another 20 years?
Hi,

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I came here looking for this exact answer. Does anyone have a copy of this paper? My google-fu has failed me this time. Thanks!

- Mike
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hey y'all...
There is no paper on the after, but the paper regarding the before is:

The so-called primary venous aneurysms. Phlebology 1990:5:45-50

I've never been able to get a copy of it, but it is referenced in other vascular publications.

Dr. Zamboni was a vascular doctor in Sardinia, and he noted these jugular malformations in several children...they were ring-like stenosis blocking the return of bloodflow in the internal jugular veins. When he met with these children 20 years later, 90% of them now had MS. He reported this to us in Bologna at the pre-conference dinner, and I wrote about it. He hasn't published a paper on this....not sure why...but it is part of his journey in studying venous return from the brain.
hope that helps-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
mbowersox

Post by mbowersox »

cheerleader wrote:Hey y'all...
There is no paper on the after, but the paper regarding the before is:

The so-called primary venous aneurysms. Phlebology 1990:5:45-50

I've never been able to get a copy of it, but it is referenced in other vascular publications.

Dr. Zamboni was a vascular doctor in Sardinia, and he noted these jugular malformations in several children...they were ring-like stenosis blocking the return of bloodflow in the internal jugular veins. When he met with these children 20 years later, 90% of them now had MS. He reported this to us in Bologna at the pre-conference dinner, and I wrote about it. He hasn't published a paper on this....not sure why...but it is part of his journey in studying venous return from the brain.
hope that helps-
cheer
Thanks for the prompt response as always Joan. Stay well.

- Mike