I am new here. I introduced myself a few days ago.
I have found an interventional rad. in NY who is willing to treat me if his rad. dept will test me. I forwarded to him Dr. Simka's explicit instructions on Doppler testing. He is checking with them. We are optimistic.
He is the BIL of a friend, and his father also has MS. I think I hooked him. He had never heard of CCSVI before we spoke on Friday.
In the meantime I contacted my neuro's nurse and asked if the very big teaching hospital in which he works would do Doppler and MRV testing on me.
Her response, "Dr. X wants to wait. He says it might make sense in some patient, but not most."
I am seeing him on the 21st. I have enjoyed a wonderful relationship with him for many years. He is very aggressive in treating MS. But I am worried.
I am pursuing the testing on my own. But I'm not used to disagreeing with him.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? How do I manage it?
Thanks so much for your help! I am loving this place!
Last edited by lucky125
on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.