Follow-up with Dr. Dake :)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Follow-up with Dr. Dake :)

Postby magoo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi,
I met with Dr. Dake and had my follow-up scans today. The stents look great and I'm as happy as can be!!! I finally met Alex! She is a doll!!! My husband and I are having a great time in SF. I can't believe the energy I have. MS....what's MS??????!!!!! Woo Hoo!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Sharon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Rhonda!

Great news about your stents --now enjoy yourself in SanFrancisco -- you deserve it -- no more blood thinners - YEA!

Sharon
Sharon
Family Elder

Postby jr5646 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Congrads Rhonda... awesome news on a rough day for all us waiting (salivating - lol)...

Enjoy SF and eat some sourdough for me :D
jr5646
Family Elder

Postby Johnson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:54 pm

So glad to hear that. A happy New Year will be yours (and many more).
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Johnson
Family Elder

Postby CureIous » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Way cool. Alex and Angela are fun to hang with on a personal level and just stellar on a professional level...
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Postby CRHInv » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:17 pm

There you are! I am so glad all is going well. Enjoy SF.
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks everyone!
I am so sorry about Dake having to stop surgeries until the trial begins. He is really having a hard time, but he will not give up!! I met with a vascular scientist while in his office and we talked about my progress. He is going to begin a study to create venous obstruction in mice and try to create MS. He told me he BELIEVES CCSVI is the cause of MS, wow!
I feel so lucky to have had this procedure. My life is completely changed! I hope all of you wanting the surgery will get your chance soon!!! Keep the faith. I know this will be proven and the critics silenced in a matter of time!
I looked at the before and after pictures of the stenosis and it was shocking. I thought my blockages were about 50%, but they really were almost 100% blocked. My body is so happy and I feel blessed.
Last edited by magoo on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Postby cheerleader » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm

magoo wrote:Thanks everyone!
I am so sorry about Dake having to stop surgeries until the trial begins. He is really having a hard time, but he will not give up!! I met with a vascular scientist while in his office and we talked about my progress. He is going to begin a study to create venous obstruction in mice and try to create MS. He told me he BELIEVES CCSVI is the cause of MS, wow!
I feel so lucky to have had this procedure. My life is completely changed! I hope all of you wanting the surgery will get your chance soon!!! Keep the faith. I know this will be proven and the critics silenced in a matter of time!
I looked at the befroe and after pictures of the stenosis and it was shocking. I thought my blockages were about 50%, but they really were almost 100% blocked. My body is so happy and I feel blessed.

Hey Rhonda...
I'm so happy for you, thanks for sharing with all of us. Sounds like you met my buddy Dr. Cooke! He's the endothelial heart doc who helped me get Dr. Zamboni's research to Dr Dake. He is bound and determined to give mice CCSVI. We are so lucky that the doctors at Stanford are curious and willing to look at this paradigm now.
I wish you continued health and blessings,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks Cheer!
His first name was John, is that him? He was such a great guy. He listened to my husband and I describing the benefits I have received and was overjoyed for us. He actually thanked us for giving him the "gift" of our story, wow. He also enlisted us to speak out, when and if needed. Of course we said YES!
Thanks for all YOU and Jeff have done for us!
Rhonda~
magoo
Family Elder

Postby CRHInv » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:56 pm

This is amazing new Rhonda. I am so happy!
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Postby cheerleader » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm

magoo wrote:Thanks Cheer!
His first name was John, is that him? He was such a great guy. He listened to my husband and I describing the benefits I have received and was overjoyed for us. He actually thanked us for giving him the "gift" of our story, wow. He also enlisted us to speak out, when and if needed. Of course we said YES!
Thanks for all YOU and Jeff have done for us!

yup, John Cooke. He's really cool...wrote me back after I sent him my endothelial paper last year. The doctors at Stanford are pretty terrific....Jeff and I feel blessed we were led there, and they were so receptive.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)