List of Famous People with MS

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Celebs get thousands of pleas on a regular basis pleading everything from hardship to "tommy needs an operation". Oh I'm positive some are the real deal, the rest are just freeloaders tugging at heart strings. Forget the actor but fairly obscure to most of us, oh my gosh someone started a website selling an info sheet on "celebs that give to hardship cases" and his name/phone/agent were on there, he was besieged by people writing 4 page letters pleading their cases, and a good number were legitimate too! Turns out the people selling the "cheat sheet" were charging 40 bucks or whatever and the info was all bogus.

So of course we get to thank the scam artists of the world for the 15 foot high walls, but like Cheer said, the big players will catch wind plenty soon enough and they all know people who know people, who know people. Fortunately, for once, money talks in our favor! There are other Montels out there, hey let's get Squiggy! He can talk to Squiffy! :) No I'm seriously you guys!

Just like the neuros, if they don't want to listen (cough cough STNFRD), we'll make an end run outside the boundaries, in the dark, with night vision goggles and a hand on the shoulder of the person in front of you to see the way. Something like that...

:) Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

You're right about the celebs if you send your plea to their official/fan address. But there's another way: Their agents. These are the walls to get behind. Don't despise them/their work, try to convince them instead as you were convincing the celeb him/herself. Don't "tug the heart string" as you said, tell them something about their celeb in the news with this. This is hard enough to do, but a tiny little bit more promising, I think.
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

Point is we are not asking for money, we are asking them to look at this for THEIR health. It won't take any pleading, it will just take getting the message to them.
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

Was just doing a search to see if Stone Phillips wife really has MS and came across this website of 'famous people with MS' - not a ton of household, US based names but some and some for our European friends -
http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/famous.html
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Actually, I believe that Michelle Obama's father has MS and I know we could all be emailing her! http://www.emailthepresident.com/first-lady.html Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

was that not the source of this whole topic?
Was just doing a search to see if Stone Phillips wife really has MS and came across this website of 'famous people with MS' - not a ton of household, US based names but some and some for our European friends -
http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/famous.html
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

Sorry, I was a 'duh' - This place has so many posts!! I jump to the end of threads knowing I had already read the beginning, forgot how this one started!