List of Famous People with MS

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Ruthless67
Family Elder

List of Famous People with MS

Post by Ruthless67 »

I found this list on line and just thought it was interesting to look at.

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/famous.html

Lora
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Hi All,

I happened to notice that Stone Phillips' wife at 60 Minutes has MS, so I sent an e-mail to him through CBS with info on CCSVI. Maybe a couple more folks coukd do the same. If he gets enough info from us maybe he'll investigate it? Certainly can't hurt.

Lora
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Ruthless67 wrote:Hi All,

I happened to notice that Stone Phillips' wife at 60 Minutes has MS, so I sent an e-mail to him through CBS with info on CCSVI. Maybe a couple more folks coukd do the same. If he gets enough info from us maybe he'll investigate it? Certainly can't hurt.

Lora
Yeah this whole thing just screams for a 60 minutes piece, maybe they can do one on Cheer. Although it's great to get some splash finally, and much needed to "further the cause", considering the number of people wandering around still saying, "yeah but now what do I do" it's going to be tough to encapsulate down into a manageable form, without making it too complex. Hats off to all our Canadian brothers and sisters and ESPECIALLY to False Creek for not waiting for "the official word".

I know my hairdresser's (chop and go lol) coworker has someone with MS, and he sleeps most of the day and doesn't participate much in life. Argh. These are the ones so difficult to reach, totally reclusive, almost unreachable, down and depressed and unable to just "dig in" and figure all this out. It took every firing brain cell in my head and a permanently closed office door just to get the highlights in here and even that was tough. I could do it, but if there was any interruption my brain just "dumped" everything and had to start from wherever it was I think I started. Some kind of frustrating.

So yeah the media stuff helps a lot to raise awareness and get people investigating, no doubt about it. Look at how far the societies have come in such short order, that would NEVER have happened with other therapies so quickly. My thought is all Zamboni and patient testimonials aside, when we get American sources like Buffalo and the upcoming piece on Stanford, then of course they will be beating down the door to get ahead of it. Media here is mostly reactionary and unoriginal. We need another 1,000 Avis's here that's for sure...

Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

CBS news is editing a piece on CCSVI now. They interviewed us last week and went to Italy. Should be on next week- on the evening news. I'll keep you posted...

There are many famous/wealthy/influential folks with MS who are not going to wait ten years for neurologist- approved CCSVI studies to get treatment for themselves or their loved-ones. Trust me....word is getting out.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Cheer, you made my day. ONCE AGAIN! Thank you so much!
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Cheer, Wouldn't it be great if it aired on Wednesday, the 16th? That's the one-year anniversary of your first post on CCSVI. Talk about timing!!
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Thats amazing news Cheer as we get CBS in the UK (Sky news switches to CBS for an hour or 2 late at night)!!
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

Post by EnjoyingTheRide »

I've seen that "famous people" list before. Frankly, what our disease lacks is a Michael J Fox caliber celebrity. Now, I'm not wishing this disease on anybody in particular, mind you, but if some "A lister" would get diagnosed, you'd see MS awareness go through the roof.

Montel is just not getting it done.
Mitch
Please visit my blog at www.enjoyingtheride.com
danegirl
Family Member

Post by danegirl »

Mitch, you don't whish this disease on anyone?? Hmmm, I go to bed each night praying for it to befall someone like Bill Gates, Julia Roberts, Michelle Obama or others of the same categori. Is that cruel of me - then I am a cruel person, so be it! Would it be worse for a celebrity than it is for us unknowns? But then we would at least get some attention! And fundings.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

In the UK, we have a band called JLS (who are the hottest band right now)
Well one of the guys from the band (Oritse), his mother has MS and he is trying to raise money to get her treatment. He may be worth contacted to tell him about CCSVI.

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/j ... o-cure-ms/
Last edited by LR1234 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

Post by EnjoyingTheRide »

danegirl wrote:Mitch, you don't whish this disease on anyone??
Nobody in particular, but ya, those type of people in general :wink:
Mitch
Please visit my blog at www.enjoyingtheride.com
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

Cheer, I wonder if through any of your show business contacts you could get Montel interested? We could send stuff to his foundation but I think to really get any interest from him it has to be a personal contact - hey look at this!
Terri Gar is probably too tied up with being a drug company spokesman.
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Cheer you rock!!! 8)
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

I think a lot of the famous people will get "bought out" by the drug companies.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Vhoenecke wrote:I think a lot of the famous people will get "bought out" by the drug companies.
That would make them damned fools. If they want to ignore CCSVI and liberation, they are welcome to continue with the drugs, as far as I am concerned.

I'd rather pay $10,000 for liberation than be paid a million to push useless drugs.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993